Jaypee Group to set up two cement plants in GujaratNovember 5th, 2008 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Nov 5 (IANS) The Jaypee Group, a diversified infrastructure industrial house, will set up two new cement plants in Gujarat with a total installed annual capacity of six million tonnes, a group official said Wednesday. One greenfield project would be located at Vayor village in Bhuj district, about 350 km from Ahmedabad, said the official, who declined to be identified.
He, however, did not reveal the investment details of the project.
Gujarat Anjan Ltd (GAL), a subsidiary of Jaypee Cement Ltd (JCL), a group company, will execute the project in two phases, he added.
GAL is also setting up two cement grinding units with a total annual capacity of 2.4 million tonnes. This too will be implemented in two phases and the project will come up in Wanakbori in Kheda district in central Gujarat.
The second cement plant, with an annual capacity of 2.4 million tonnes, will come up in Kutch district.
The plant, which will include a captive power station and captive jetty, will be executed by Gujarat Japyee Cement and Infrastructure Ltd, a joint venture between Gujarat Mineral Development Corp and the Jaypee Group.
The Jaypee Group has 74 percent stake in the joint venture and GMDC holds the rest.
The Jaypee Group, engaged in the business of engineering and construction, energy, infrastructure development, real estate, hospitality and cement manufacturing, currently has a combined turnover of over Rs.50 billion.
- Himachal's cement production to go up - Mar 22, 2012
- Jaiprakash commissions cement unit in Gujarat - Dec 02, 2009
- Dalmia Bharat to set up cement mills in Karnataka, Meghalaya - Dec 03, 2010
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint's expansion goes on stream - Jan 19, 2011
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Kesoram Industries to invest Rs.1,125 crore - Jul 01, 2010
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
- Include cement in essential commodities: Dhumal - Dec 22, 2011
- Blame game over Himachal power plant ordered to be razed - May 20, 2012
- Vedanta taps Gujarat for bauxite for Orissa refinery - Sep 02, 2010
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Jaypee's hydropower corridor to be set up this month - Jul 03, 2011
- Adhunik Metaliks' arm plans IPO - Feb 11, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,