Jayaprada courts arrest against engineer’s lynchingDecember 25th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 25 (IANS) Lok Sabha member Jayaprada Thursday courted arrest here to protest the lynching of an Uttar Pradesh government engineer early Wednesday morning, allegedly by a ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator. The actor-turned-politician led over 200 Samajwadi Party activists’ demonstration against the killing of government engineer M.K. Gupta in Auraiya, the central Uttar Pradesh town.
The MP from Rampur said there would be more such agitations against the alleged “hooliganism of the ruling BSP under the patronage of party supremo and Chief Minister Mayawati”.
The protesters were taken to Rampur police lines and were released later.
- BSP MLA gets life for engineer's killing (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Samajwadi workers clash with police, leaders detained (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Life term for BSP legislator in engineer's murder (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Expected death sentence for killers: Slain engineer's mother - May 06, 2011
- Mayawati attacks Samajwadi Party - Apr 16, 2012
- BSP leader shot dead, supporters protest - Jul 05, 2011
- Mayawati's officials out to taint SP's image: Akhilesh (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Samajwadi Party protests against Mayawati regime - Mar 08, 2011
- No bail for three accused of vandalising Mayawati statue - Aug 07, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav arrested, calls Mayawati autocratic (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Mulayam's men burn Mayawati effigies across Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2011
- BSP trying to cover sins: BJP - Nov 21, 2011
- Engineer's lynching provokes Samajwadi party's shutdown call - Dec 24, 2008
- Akhilesh orders probe against former UP power minister - Jun 02, 2012
- SP workers clash with cops, detained - Mar 09, 2011