Jayant Bhuyan, chief executive of India Brand Equity Foundation, deadOctober 6th, 2008 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 6 (IANS) Jayant Bhuyan, the chief executive of the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), died here Monday. He was 58 and is survived by his wife Ramola.An alumnus of St. Stephens College in Delhi University, Bhuyan died following a cardiac surgery in the capital, said a statement issued by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), of which he was deputy director general.
The IBEF, which he joined in 2006, is a trust under a joint initiative of the commerce ministry and the CII to promote brand India overseas.
The CII has organised a memorial for him at its first office in the capital at 172, Jor Bagh, between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Tuesday. After that, his body will be flown to Guwahati for cremation, a spokesperson for the chamber said.
Bhuyan joined the CII in 1975, and during his career, spanning three decades at the industry chamber, he held several positions, including the head of its international division and director of its northern and western regions.
“He interacted extensively with international bodies, government of India and state governments in promoting Indian industry and represented CII at several international conferences,” the chamber said in a statement.
“Bhuyan was known for his enormous warmth and sense of humour, which had earned him a large number of friends,” the statement added.
The soft-spoken executive was also the secretary-general of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham), another leading industry lobby, for two years beginning February 2000.
- Indian firms voluntarily running social welfare programmes - Jun 14, 2011
- Panel set up on international taxation - May 03, 2012
- 'India Show' to be held in Toronto - Oct 11, 2011
- India Inc welcomes PM's statement on growth - Jul 06, 2012
- India rejigs manufacturing competitiveness council - Sep 26, 2011
- FDI pause wins peace in parliament, disappoints India Inc. (Roundup) - Dec 07, 2011
- Indo-Arab chamber sets up south India chapter - Aug 04, 2012
- Burundi president to meet PM Tuesday - Sep 17, 2012
- India, Laos business chambers sign four pacts to boost trade ties - Sep 13, 2010
- Strike hits key sectors, industry puts loss at $2.2 billion (Roundup) - Sep 20, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- BRICS targets $500 bn intra-group trade by 2015 - Mar 28, 2012
- India Inc welcomes assembly election results - Mar 06, 2012
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Mauritius invites Indian investments - Feb 08, 2012