Jayalalitha removes former minister from partyAugust 26th, 2008 - 1:51 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 26 (IANS) AIADMK chief J. Jayalalitha removed former rural development minister T.M. Selvaganapathy from the party late Monday night for “acting against the interests of the party”.”All those loyal to the party should cut off their relations with Selvaganapathy. He has been removed for acting against the interests of the party,” Jayalalitha said in a statement.
Selvaganapathy was in charge of AIADMK’s affairs in Salem district’s rural areas.
Sources close to the former minister indicated that he is slated to join the ruling DMK.
- Sri Lankan airmen shifted to Bangalore? Send them home, Jayalalitha demands (Fourth Lead, superseding previous story) - Jul 07, 2012
- DMK withdraws plea against Jayalalitha's acquittal in graft case - Feb 18, 2009
- Stalin, 40,000 protesting DMK activists detained (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- DMK candidates file nominations for Rajya Sabha polls - Jun 02, 2010
- Land worth Rs.624 crore restored to owners: Jayalalithaa - Oct 10, 2011
- Six from Tamil Nadu elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Jun 10, 2010
- AIADMK candidates file papers for Rajya Sabha polls - Jun 04, 2010
- AIADMK discusses seat sharing differences with allies - Mar 18, 2011
- AIADMK following vindictive politics, says Karunanidhi - Jun 06, 2012
- DMK-PMK in pact for Tamil Nadu elections (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Verdict on uniform school syllabus in Tamil Nadu welcomed - Aug 09, 2011
- AIADMK allies upset, exploring third front? (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Sri Lanka war crimes: AIADMK dissatisfied with PM's response - Mar 14, 2012
- DMK to discuss cases against party leaders - Sep 03, 2011
- DMK boycotts budget over arrest of party leaders (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011