Jaya Prada takes on Azam KhanMarch 3rd, 2012 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), March 3 (IANS) Who will emerge the winner in Rampur? Actor-politician Jaya Prada or bitter rival and Samajwadi Party leader Mohammed Azam Khan?
The ‘Battle Royale’ in the erstwhile Nawabi estate has elicited a lot of interest all over Uttar Pradesh.
While the hostility between Jaya Prada and Azam Khan has been known even from the days when both were in the Samajwadi Party, the war of words has now become unusually shrill.
The decision by Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh, who shares Jaya Prada’s animosity for Khan, to campaign for the actor has only added more interest in the contest.
Jaya Prada told reporters after voting Saturday in the final round of staggered ballotting for the Uttar Pradesh assembly that she was “extremely positive” that her Lok Manch party would win here.
She accused Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav of promoting and harbouring goons.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, the Bharatiya Janata Party vice president who once represented the seat in the Lok Sabha, is, however, confident that his party will triumph in Rampur.
- VIPs vote in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 03, 2012
- Jaya Prada criticises Amar Singh's detractors - Jan 31, 2010
- In Samajwadi war, Jaya Prada is with Amar Singh - Jan 31, 2010
- Rampur stuns Jaya Prada - Mar 06, 2012
- Hundreds of thousands vote in UP (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Jaya Prada backs Amar Singh in Samajwadi row (Lead) - Jan 31, 2010
- How and where have I wronged Azam Bhai: Jaya Prada (Interview) - May 04, 2009
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- A BJP candidate who believes in namaz and Hindu gods - May 05, 2009
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Mulayam ignored warnings on Kalyan, says Azam Khan - Nov 20, 2009
- Samajwadi Party expels Amar Singh, Jaya Prada - Feb 02, 2010
- Amar Singh to launch new party - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: abbas, amar singh, animosity, azam khan, battle royale, bharatiya janata party, hostility, jaya prada, Lok Sabha, mohammed, naqvi, party leader, politician, rajya sabha, rampur, sabha member, Samajwadi Party, uttar pradesh, war of words, yadav