‘Japanese Wife’ will be my best work: Rahul BoseDecember 12th, 2008 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 12 (IANS) Bollywood actor Rahul Bose regrets doing films like “Bombay Boys” and “Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam”, but says that people would see the best of him in his forthcoming film “Japanese Wife”.But Rahul has his list of favourites movies - he liked his performances in “English August”, “Kaal Purush”, “Mr. and Mrs. Iyer” and “Everybody Says I am Fine”.
“Though these films are my favourites, I think ‘Japanese Wife’ is above all,” Rahul told IANS.
“Japanese Wife” is about a Bengali village school teacher who has a pen pal in a village of Japan. It is directed by Aparna Sen with whom Rahul had worked in award winning movies likes “Mr. and Mrs. Iyer” and “15 Park Avenue”.
“It’s about how they write letters to each other and get married soon,” said Rahul who is paired opposite Japanese actress Chigasu Takaku in the movie.
“Japanese Wife” also stars Raima Sen and Mousumi Chatterjee.
Commenting upon his bad performances, Rahul said: “I feel I didn’t do a good job in ‘Maan Gaye..’, so I regret doing it. Same with ‘Bombay Boys’. There are also a couple of scenes in ‘Shaurya’ of which I am ashamed.
“I could have been better in first two scenes of ‘Shaurya’ and I have also several other regrets. It is nonsense if anyone says that they have no regrets in life. I am not that kind of person who believes in the blame game. If I have not done a good job then how can I put blame on others?”
“Dil Kabbadi” is Rahul’s latest release and the actor says unlike “Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam” he liked his performance in the film.
“I am satisfied with my performance in the film and I think the film is made in a witty way. It does not have much situational comedy as it is more dialogue based,” Rahul said.
Apart from “Japanese Wife”, Rahul also has “Exchange Offer” and he will share the screen space with Esha Deol, Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri in the movie which is being directed by Shivam Nair.
Besides these two films, he is also doing a film to be produced by Vipul Shah which also stars his wife Sheefali. He has also signed a film, in which he is paired with Soha Ali Khan.
“They both are in the scripting stage and untitled, but we hope to start shooting within some time,” Rahul said.
- Aparna Sen amazed by Rahul Bose's performance - Apr 06, 2010
- When Rahul Bose couldn't do justice to himself - Nov 05, 2009
- 'The Japanese Wife' is Rahul's best film: Konkona - Apr 08, 2010
- Actress Raima Sen launches DVD of "The Japanese Wife" - May 12, 2010
- I don't have sex appeal to be mainstream actor: Rahul Bose (Interview) - Apr 01, 2010
- Music album of Rahul Bose-starrer 'My Japanese Wife' released - Mar 25, 2010
- Music launch of The Japanese Wife - Mar 27, 2010
- Art house films make waves in Bengal: Rahul Bose - Apr 12, 2011
- Aparna Sen's Japanese Wife has lyrical beauty - Feb 26, 2010
- Rahul Bose Found It Complex and Interesting To Play A Gay - Aug 03, 2010
- Ray used Soumitra, I trust Rahul Bose: Aparna Sen (Interview) - Mar 26, 2010
- 'The Japanese Wife' To Be Screened At MIAAC 2010 - Oct 21, 2010
- Ranbir imitates Kareena! (IIFA Rocks diary) - Jun 09, 2012
- One is a great number: Arjun Rampal (Movie Snippets) - Oct 29, 2011
- 'The Japanese Wife' idea came over coffee: Aparna Sen - Mar 23, 2010