Japanese Encephalitis kills three more in Uttar PradeshSeptember 14th, 2008 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 14 (IANS) Japanese Encephalitis claimed three more lives at BRD medical college and hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur district in the past 24 hours, taking the death toll in the region to 217 since June, an official said Sunday.A total of 1,149 people are being treated in various hospitals of the district for having symptoms of the disease.
Rahul Gandhi, Congress general secretary, visited BRD hospital Friday during his three-day visit to the region and promised all possible help to the patients.
“Seventeen more patients were admitted to the hospital during the same duration from various parts of the region and neighbouring Bihar,” said a release issued by the hospital.
Meanwhile, five new cases of polio were reported from Moradabad district in western Uttar Pradesh, said a health offical.
“While two cases are of P-1 virus, the rest are of P-3 category,” the official added.
The health officials of three primary health centres have been removed for negligence, chief medical officer of Moradabad P.K. Sinha told IANS on phone.
- Japanese Encephalitis: Azad visits Gorakhpur - Oct 20, 2011
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh battle to contain deadly encephalitis outbreak (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Encephalitis scare in UP after 88 deaths - Jun 16, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh battles viruses, over 200 dead - Sep 10, 2010
- GoM on Japanese encephalitis to meet soon: Azad - Nov 08, 2011
- Four more encephalitis deaths in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 28, 2010
- Three more kids die of Japanese encephalitis, toll 332 - Sep 26, 2011
- Encephalitis death toll mounts to 552 in UP - Dec 04, 2009
- Five more children die of mystery disease in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- Eight die of Japanese Enchephalitis in Gorakhpur - Aug 18, 2009
- Police cane charge violent medics in UP - Sep 04, 2012
- Japanese Encephalitis cases on decline - Oct 24, 2011
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Uttar Pradesh, toll 166 - Aug 20, 2009
- WHO experts investigate Bihar's mystery disease - Jun 24, 2011
- GoM on encephalitis has to deliver: Child rights panel - Nov 06, 2011