Japan pips Russia to women’s archery bronzeJuly 30th, 2012 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Japan pipped Russia to the bronze medal in the women’s archery tournament at the London Olympic Games here Sunday.
Ksenia Perova shot an eight when Russia needed a ten to remain in the bronze medal match, handing third place to the Japanese who won 209-207.
The other members of the Russian team were Inna Stepanova and Kristina Timofeeva.
Japan’s lineup was Kaori Kawanaka, Ren Hayakawa and Miki Kanie.
The gold medal match is a repeat of the 2008 final between South Korea and China.
- South Korea win 7th straight Olympic archery gold - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Paralympic gold for Russia in women's long jump - Aug 31, 2012
- Italy beat US to take first Olympic archery gold - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic volleyball: Russia beats Britain - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympic freestyle wrestling: Japan's Icho wins 3rd gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Azerbaijan's Asgarov wins gold - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympics: Italy wins women's team foil gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sets up final with Sharapova - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic Kayak single gold for Hungary - Aug 09, 2012
- Frenchman Tony Estanguet slaloms to canoe gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Electric shock kills former junior archery champion - Jul 10, 2012
- Women win Mexico's first-ever medals in Olympic archery - Aug 03, 2012
- Russian Olympic medallists given luxury cars - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics: China's Zou Kai retains gold - Aug 05, 2012