Janardhana Reddy moves bail petitionSeptember 6th, 2011 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 6 (IANS) Former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and Obulpuram Mining Co (OMC) managing director Srinivasa Reddy, arrested Monday for illegal mining, moved a bail petition before a special court here Tuesday.
The counsel of the mining baron and his kin filed the petition in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court, which is likely to hear it Wednesday.
The court would also hear CBI petition seeking custody of Janardhana Reddy and Srinivasa Reddy, who were remanded to judicial custody till Sep 19.
The two, arrested after raids at their residences in Bellary in Karnataka, are currently lodged at the Chanchalguda Central Jail.
The CBI is seeking their custody for interrogation in connection with the illegal mining case registered against their company and others in 2009.
Meanwhile, the Reddys were shifted to the Old barracks in Chanchalguda Central Jail. They will be sharing the accommodation with three others and will be treated as ordinary prisoners.
In another development, a legislator loyal to YSR Congress party chief Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy Tuesday called on Janardhana Reddy in the jail.
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea to be heard Thursday - Sep 07, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea rejected again - Nov 17, 2011
- Hearing on Janardhana Reddy's bail plea adjourned - Nov 08, 2011
- Court rejects Janardhana Reddy's interim bail plea - Dec 30, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy sent to jail for 14 days - Sep 05, 2011
- Mining baron Janardhana Reddy arrested, jailed - Sep 05, 2011
- Court again declines bail to Janardhana Reddy - Sep 30, 2011
- Ex-Andhra official jailed in illegal mining case - Nov 21, 2011
- Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extended - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI nabs Andhra official in illegal mining case - Nov 28, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy taken to Bangalore by road (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Janardhana Reddy all set to be shifted to Bangalore - Mar 01, 2012
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's custody extended till Oct 31 - Oct 17, 2011
- CBI questions Andhra home minister in mining scam - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: accommodation, bellary, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, central jail, congress party, interrogation, judicial custody, karnataka minister, legislator, managing director, old barracks, omc, party chief, petition, prisoners, reddys, srinivasa