Janardhana Reddy all set to be shifted to BangaloreMarch 1st, 2012 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 1 (IANS) Former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy is all set to be shifted to Bangalore by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) but suspense remains on how he will be taken there.
Janardhana Reddy, who is at the Chanchalguda Central Jail here in connection with the illegal mining case, Wednesday filed a petition before a court demanding that he be taken to Bangalore in a helicopter or a special aircraft.
Janardhana Reddy offered to pay expenses for the air travel. He claimed that he faced a threat to his life if taken to Bangalore by road.
The special court dealing with the CBI cases, however, left it to the jail authorities to take a decision in this regard in accordance with the rules and the jail manual.
The court also adjourned the hearing on Janardhana Reddy’s a petition seeking directions to the CBI to return his chopper. The federal agency had seized his chopper and cars after his arrest.
Janardhana Reddy, who has been lodged in the jail here since September last year, is to be presented before a court in Bangalore Friday in another case of illegal mining.
A team of CBI officials from Bangalore met the jail authorities and submitted prisoner transit warrant issued by the Bangalore court in the case relating to illegal mining by Associated Mining Company (AMC) owned by him and his wife Lakshmi Aruna.
It was not clear if the CBI team would take him to Bangalore, a distance of about 600 km, by road or by a flight.
The CBI Sep 5 arrested the former minister from Bellary in Karnataka in the illegal mining case involving his Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC). The investigating agency had booked a case against OMC in 2009 for the alleged illegal mining in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Along with him, the CBI had also arrested his brother-in-law and OMC managing director B.V.Srinivasa Reddy. He would remain in Chanchalguda jail as the Bangalore court has not sought his presence.
- Janardhana Reddy taken to Bangalore by road (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Janardhan Reddy gets bail in mining case in Andhra (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Reddy returns to Bangalore after six months, as an accused (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea to be heard Thursday - Sep 07, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea rejected again - Nov 17, 2011
- Court rejects Janardhana Reddy's interim bail plea - Dec 30, 2011
- Court again declines bail to Janardhana Reddy - Sep 30, 2011
- CBI questions Andhra home minister in mining scam - Oct 29, 2011
- Judicial custody of illegal mining case accused extended - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI nabs Andhra official in illegal mining case - Nov 28, 2011
- CBI arrests OMC director in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's judicial custody extended till Nov 14 - Oct 31, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy moves bail petition - Sep 06, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea dismissed yet again - Jan 31, 2012
- IAS officer Srilakshmi surrenders in court - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: air travel, aruna, bellary, cbi officials, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, central jail, chopper, helicopter, investigating agency, jail authorities, karnataka minister, managing director, march 1, mining company, petition, regard, srinivasa, suspense, warrant