Jan Versleijen to coach Chinese Super League clubDecember 12th, 2011 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Zhengzhou (China), Dec 12 (IANS) Dutchman Jan Versleijen has formally taken over as head coach of the Chinese Super League (CSL) club Henan Jianye located in Central China’s Henan province, the club said Monday.
Jan Versleijen till November coached the Australian U-20 national team which he led for three-and-half years that included two World Cup cycles, Xinhua reported.
“Versleijen has rich experience in training young players, and he is familiar with Asian football because he once managed some clubs in Asia”, said the manager of Henan Jianye club.
Born in Venlo, Versleijen had managed a number of teams in his native Netherlands and also coached throughout Asia, managing teams in Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
Versleijen, with an assistant, signed only one year with Henan Jianye club and will lead the team to train Dec 16 in Kunming, the capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province.
Versleijen led the Australian youth team to beat China 3-0 in a 2012 AFC U-19 Championship qualifier Nov 8.
Last year, another Chinese Super League club Beijing Guo’an considered inviting Versleijen as its coach and communicated with him but later chose Jaime Pacheco.
Henan Jianye, a professional team founded in 1994, finished 13th of the 16 clubs in the Chinese Super League last season.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- Chinese football pinning hopes on Seedorf and Drogba - May 22, 2012
- Former African Footballer of Year Kanoute joins Chinese club - Jun 30, 2012
- Anelka's Chinese league debut ends in loss - Mar 17, 2012
- Blackburn's Yakubu set to join Chinese club Guangzhou - Jun 19, 2012
- Guangzhou Evergrande denies Kaka move - Jul 05, 2012
- Former club manager and referees on trial for soccer corruption - Dec 20, 2011
- China's Shaolin Temple risks losing rating - Jan 31, 2012
- Chinese farmers' NBA-like league is a big draw - Feb 13, 2012
- Foreign coaches divided on presence of stars in Chinese football - Feb 21, 2012
- Yakubu shines on CSL debut - Jul 16, 2012
- Chinese referee admits taking $256,000 in bribes (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- 40,000-year-old site found in China - Mar 21, 2012
- Yatai to face Wolfsburg in friendly match - Jul 08, 2012
- China mourns death of Indian doctor's wife - Jun 29, 2012
- China to build economic zone - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: asia news, asian football, central china, csl, dg, dutchman, head coach, henan province, indo asia, kunming, managing teams, pacheco, professional team, rich experience, saudi arabia, southwest china, united arab emirates, xinhua, yunnan province, zhengzhou china