Jammu-Srinagar highway closed after snowfallFebruary 11th, 2009 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
“Fresh snowfall has made the Jawahar Tunnel area of the highway very slippery. So vehicular movement on the highway has been suspended,” a traffic official said here.
It has been snowing since the morning across the valley. While the snowfall has been light in the plains, it has been moderate to heavy in the higher slopes.
“Light to moderate snowfall is expected in most parts of the valley today. It could be heavy in places like Machil in Kupwara district, Gurez in Bandipora district, Baltal in Ganderbal district and Drass in the Kargil district,” an official of the divisional administration said here.
- Heavy snowfall in Kashmir, avalanche warning issued (With Images) - Jan 15, 2012
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed, avalanche warning in Valley - Feb 15, 2011
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Snowfall cuts off Kashmir from rest of country - Jan 16, 2012
- Avalanche warning issued for Kashmir's higher reaches - Feb 20, 2012
- Snow closes Jammu-Srinagar highway third day running - Feb 08, 2010
- Heavy snowfall starts in Kashmir; Srinagar-Jammu highway closed - Feb 06, 2010
- Snowfall forecast in Kashmir in early February - Jan 31, 2012
- Avalanche warning issued in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Incessant rains raise water levels in Kashmir rivers - Apr 21, 2010
- IAF airlifts stranded Kashmiris - Jan 30, 2012
- Fresh snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway - Apr 05, 2011
- A day of rain, snow in northern India - Jan 06, 2012
- Fresh snowfall in Kashmir, Srinagar-Jammu highway closed - Jan 14, 2011
- One-way traffic on Jammu-Srinagar highway (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012