Jammu and Kashmir hockey body questions Roy’s claimsFebruary 26th, 2009 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) A day after Bengal Hockey Association (BHA) president J.B. Roy claimed he had the support of 28 state associations in calling for early elections to the suspended Indian Hockey Federation (IHF), the head of the Jammu and Kashmir unit contested this.
“Out of the 28-26 member associations as claimed by Roy to have attended, it should be found out how many of them had authority to vote from their state bodies,” Jammu and Kashmir Hockey Association president Narinder Batra said in a statement Thursday.
Roy had paraded representatives of 28 state associations at a press conference here Wednesday, saying they want the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) to call the IHF elections at the earliest. Citing mismanagement, the IOA suspended the IHF April 28, 2008 and since then has been managing its affairs through an ad-hoc commission.
Batra also said that though Jagjit Singh, general secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir unit, attended the Wednesday event, “he had no authority or mandate” to do so.
- Gill turns down merger proposal with HI - Jun 24, 2011
- HI to act tough on Bhopal nationals' participants - Jul 04, 2010
- Hockey World Cup will be on schedule: Batra - Jan 26, 2010
- Hockey India's claims meaningless, says Gill - May 23, 2010
- IHF appoints national selection panel - Jul 13, 2010
- HI and IHF are on collision course after court order - May 22, 2010
- Bengal hockey chief wants early IHF election - Feb 25, 2009
- IHF rejects IOA's three-member panel - Aug 30, 2012
- KPS Gill holds AGM of superseded IHF - Apr 25, 2010
- FIH president Negre to meet HI, IHF next week - Apr 07, 2012
- K.P.S. Gill to chair IHF meeting - Apr 25, 2010
- Hockey India to pursue Leslie's quest for lost gold medals - Jul 24, 2012
- Maken gives HI, IHF a blueprint for merger - Jun 11, 2011
- Over 50 state hockey units to meet at Aamby Valley - Jun 12, 2009
- Gill vows to fight back after High Court quashes IOC order - May 21, 2010