Jammu and Kashmir government should return land: BJPAugust 28th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 28 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government should give back the controversial piece of land to the Amarnath shrine board whose order it had revoked on July 1, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Rajnath Singh said here Thursday.”The state government will have to accept the demand of the Amarnath Sangarsh Samiti that is demanding restoration of land to the Amarnath Shrine Board,” he told reporters here.
On the ongoing violence in Jammu and Kashmir over the land row, the BJP chief said the first step was to restore peace and normalcy in the state. He said communalisation of the situation should be prevented as this would have an adverse impact on the country’s secular fabric.
He also said the state government had “succumbed to pressure from secessionists”.
He launched a scathing attack on the Congress led-United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government at the centre over rising inflation.
“While the inflation rate has almost doubled in recent times, the growth rate has come down. The country has never witnessed such an extraordinary situation so far,” he maintained.
“The present government has done nothing to check inflation, corruption and terrorism,” he said.
He also asked the Election Commission of India to de-recognise parties that openly espouse and encourage groups that are involved in terrorist activities like the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The BJP chief was here to address party activists at a three-day training camp that began Thursday.
- Jammu, Kashmir lock horns over Amarnath infrastructure - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP takes up Amarnath pilgrims' deaths with Chidambaram - Jul 24, 2012
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Jammu shutdown call has few supporters - Jul 02, 2010
- Government intervens to resolve Amarnath pilgrimage row - Jun 13, 2011
- Hindu groups to view route to Amarnath pilgrimage - Jun 12, 2011
- PDP to hold first major public meet in Jammu - Mar 11, 2011
- SC sets up panel to study Amarnath deaths (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra: 300 Hindu activists detained in Jammu - Jun 03, 2012
- SC sets up panel to study Amarnath deaths - Jul 20, 2012
- Bad weather hampering efforts to clear Amarnath route - May 27, 2012
- SC sets up panel to study Amarnath deaths (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- BJP condemns Abdullah Government for encouraging Pro- Pakistan elements in the Valley - Jul 03, 2010
- Cut Amarnath pilgrimage to 15 days, says Geelani (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- Last leg of Amarnath yatra - chhari mubarak leaves Srinagar - Aug 08, 2011