Jairam seeks manuscript on Orissa plants written in 1725June 2nd, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 2 (IANS) Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Thursday asked for help from the French envoy in India to get a digitised copy of a manuscript on plants in Orissa written by a Frenchman in 1725.
“I have been told that the oldest document based on a scientific survey of plants in Orissa was written in the year 1725 by a Frenchman called Nikolas L. Empereur,” said the letter to French Ambassador to India Jerome Bonnafont.
The document is currently available at the Natural History Museum in Paris.
“I wonder whether we could get a digitized copy of this manuscript. Any expenses incurred in this regards will be borne by us,” Ramesh said in the letter, a copy of which is with IANS.
- Manuscripts mission compiles 3 mn documents - Sep 30, 2011
- Islam in Kashmir earlier than thought, reveals Quran manuscript - Aug 15, 2012
- 37,000 Kashmiri manuscripts archived: Minister - Aug 10, 2011
- Lost Sanskrit manuscript rediscovered in Italian library - Jun 29, 2010
- Use up funds for drinking water, Jairam tells Orissa - Oct 06, 2011
- Jairam seeks more efforts for tigers in Orissa reserve - Jun 30, 2011
- Jaitapur plant will get consent: French ambassador - Sep 24, 2011
- China to build museum to preserve Quran copy - Feb 16, 2012
- Rare Napoleon letter sold for $400,000 - Jun 12, 2012
- Photographs, litho-prints declared rare manuscripts - Jun 15, 2011
- A book on Indian maharajas and their cars - Apr 28, 2011
- Jairam asks Orissa to resubmit POSCO report (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Tamil Nadu archaeologists take up digitisation of ancient scriptures - Dec 03, 2009
- Jairam shoots off missives over chopper movement in tiger reserve - Dec 19, 2010
- France wants greater investment in Indian infrastructure - May 13, 2011
Tags: bhubaneswar, digitized copy, empereur, environment minister, french ambassador, french envoy, frenchman, India, jairam ramesh, manuscript, museum in paris, natural history museum, nikolas, orissa, plants