Jagan’s second phase CBI custody endsJune 10th, 2012 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 10 (IANS) Jailed MP Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s two-day CBI custody ended Sunday and he would be produced in court Monday in am illegal wealth case.
For the second day, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials questioned the YSR Congress Party leader with regard to the investments into his companies, especially the funds from abroad.
After questioning the Kadapa MP for over six hours at CBI office in Koti, Jagan, as he is popularly known, was shifted back to Chanchalguda Central Jail in the evening.
As Jagan’s judicial custody ending Monday, he would be produced before the special CBI court. The central agency will seek extension of his judicial remand.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had Friday sent Jagan to two-day CBI custody. He was earlier questioned by the investigating agency for five days till June 7.
The CBI had arrested Jagan on May 27 after questioning him for three days. The next day he was produced in the court, which sent him to judicial custody till June 11.
Jagan allegedly conspired with his father and then chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy to dole out favours to companies which made investments into his firms on quid pro quo basis.
Besides Jagan, former state minister Mopidevi Venkataramna, leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K. V. Brahmananda Reddy are in jail.
The CBI has booked Jagan and 72 others last year following direction from the high court.
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day, summons two aides - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- Court posts orders on Jagan's bail plea to Friday - May 31, 2012
- Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4 - Jun 25, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan in illegal wealth case (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- Andhra industrialist Prasad sent to jail (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister named in Jagan's illegal assets case - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, brahmananda, bureaucrat, cbi court, cbi officials, central bureau of investigation, central jail, chief minister, congress party, industrialist, investigating agency, jagan, judicial custody, judicial remand, kadapa, koti, party leader, state minister, wealth case, ysr