Jagan case: Industrialist Prasad sent to CBI custodyMay 17th, 2012 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 17 (IANS) A special court Thursday remanded leading industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K.V. Brahmananda Reddy to Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) custody for 10 days in YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s illegal assets case.
The court for CBI cases directed the investigating agency not to use third-degree methods and question the accused in the presence of their lawyers every day between 9.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
The CBI had arrested both Prasad and Reddy Tuesday. The next day, the court sent them to judicial custody till May 30. The CBI had sought their custody for 14 days to further interrogate them.
Earlier, Prasad’s lawyer opposed the CBI petition and voiced apprehension that the agency might use “third-degree” or coercive methods on his client during the interrogation.
Prasad is the 12th accused in the case and the CBI alleged that he invested over Rs.500 crore in the companies of Jaganmohan Reddy in return for the concessions he received for Vanpic port project from his father and then chief minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
- Andhra industrialist Prasad sent to jail (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad, IRS officer in Jagan case (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day - May 27, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister named in Jagan's illegal assets case - Aug 13, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan in illegal wealth case (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Andhra minister resigns after CBI names him in charge sheet - Aug 15, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- 11 get bail in Jagan's illegal assets case - May 28, 2012
- CBI begins grilling Jagan for second day - May 26, 2012
Tags: apprehension, assets, brahmananda, bureaucrat, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, coercive methods, concessions, congress party, crore, industrialist, interrogation, investigating agency, jagan, judicial custody, party leader, petition, rs 500, third degree