Jacobs didn’t want to be boringMay 11th, 2012 - 6:30 am ICT by IANS
New York, May 11 (IANS) Fashion designer Marc Jacobs chose an offbeat lace dress for a recent red carpet event, and says he just didn’t want to be boring.
Jacobs stunned people at the exclusive Costume Institute Gala here when he walked the red carpet wearing a see-through black-coloured lace shirtdress teamed with white boxer shorts.
“It’s just a lace dress… I just didn’t wanna wear a tuxedo and be boring,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Jacobs as saying.
The designer, known for his eccentric style, accessorised the shirtdress with a black clutch bag and a pair of heeled buckle shoes from his latest autumn-winter collection.
He also claims his outlandish outfit was a homage to famed designers Miuccia Prada and the late Elsa Schiaparelli.
“I think Miuccia Prada is such a celebration of the unconventional and so it felt like, appropriate, somehow. They are two women (Schiaparelli and Prada) who I have always loved the work of; I mean Elsa Schiaparelli is one of my all-time heroes and Miuccia Prada continues to be a hero of mine,” he added.
- Prada designs clothes for the 'The Great Gatsby' - Aug 24, 2012
- US lesbian student wins right to wear tuxedo to senior school prom - Apr 02, 2011
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Victoria refuses to wear tracksuits - Mar 06, 2012
- Angelina doesn't pay attention to gossip - Mar 26, 2012
- Nathan Bracken's wife steals limelight with 'nude' dress - Feb 16, 2010
- Tobey Maguire, new face of Prada - Jun 16, 2011
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Stars Enjoy Halloween Spirit At Heidi Klum's Party - Nov 02, 2010
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- My only competition is myself: Victoria Beckham - Jul 11, 2012
- Adele wants Christopher Bailey's designs - Sep 07, 2011
- Liz Hurley, Kylie Minogue rule the red carpet in white - Dec 06, 2010
- Watson 'had to borrow' dresses from stepmum for premieres! - Nov 10, 2010
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
Tags: autumn winter, boxer shorts, clutch, clutch bag, costume institute gala, eccentric style, elsa schiaparelli, fashion designer, hero, homage, lace dress, marc jacobs, miuccia prada, red carpet, shirtdress, time heroes, tuxedo, two women, white boxer, winter collection