Jackson voted greatest singer of all timeJune 22nd, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 22 (IANS) Late singer Michael Jackson has been voted the greatest singer of all time in a new poll.
Fans have honoured him by making him top the list of the Greatest Singer Of All Time in a poll conducted by Nme.com. The King of Pop died June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest following an overdose of anaesthetic Propofol.
Queen frontman Freddie Mercury came second, while Elvis Presley placed third. Guns N’ Roses star Axl Rose came in fourth and John Lennon rounded out the top five, reports contactmusic.com.
David Bowie, Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin also featured in the top 10 list.
- Queen's Freddie Murcury voted 'Greatest Rock Legend Of All Time' - Sep 04, 2010
- Lady Gaga, Elvis Presley top dream duet list - Mar 27, 2010
- Aretha Franklin polled Greatest Singer in Rock Era - Nov 12, 2008
- Freddie Mercury voted Ultimate Rock God - Jan 08, 2009
- Aretha Franklin named ''Greatest Singer Of All Time'' - Dec 08, 2008
- MySpace names Michael Jackson as best male artist - Oct 09, 2010
- Muse's rendition of Feeling Good voted best cover version - Sep 22, 2010
- Paul McCartney was inspiration by father - Jan 30, 2012
- Liam Gallagher named best frontman ever - Mar 26, 2010
- Axl Rose falls onstage - Oct 21, 2011
- Liam Gallagher buys a house in New York - Aug 06, 2012
- Robert Plant tops Greatest Voice in Rock poll - Jan 03, 2009
- Paul McCartney to be honored at the White House with the 'Gershwin Prize' - May 25, 2010
- McCartney moves up on rich musicians list - Apr 27, 2012
- Michael Jackson named top earning dead celebrity - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: anaesthetic, aretha franklin, axl rose, cardiac arrest, david bowie, elvis presley, freddie mercury, frontman, guns n roses, john lennon, king of pop, mercury, michael jackson, new poll, nme, paul mccartney, propofol, robert plant, singer michael jackson, stevie wonder