I’ve worked very hard on my body: Priyanka Chopra (Interview)November 7th, 2008 - 10:24 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) After flaunting her curves and earning rave reviews for her performance in “Fashion”, Priyanka Chopra is all set to show off her svelte figure in swimsuits and beachwear in forthcoming film “Dostana”.She says she had to work really hard to get the right shape for the romantic comedy.
“For ‘Fashion’, I had to put on six kilos and later had to shed chip by chip as the character progressed in the film. My body structure in ‘Dostana’ is more toned than in ‘Fashion’ as it is a completely beach film. I’ve worked very hard on my body,” Priyanka told IANS in an interview.
After a hectic schedule with six films in a row this year, Priyanka said shooting for “Dostana” with Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham was like a vacation and a rejuvenating experience for her.
Entirely shot in Miami, Florida, “Dostana” comes as a breather for the actress whose flagging career was given a new lease of life with “Fashion” after a series of duds - “Love Story 2050″, “God Tussi Great Ho”, “Chamku” and “Drona”.
“‘Dostana’ was like a vacation. It was so much fun. We were in Miami for two months and I was so fresh and rested when I came back. It was like a really relaxed outdoor and (I had a) great time because everybody got along well with each other,” Priyanka said.
Produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions and directed by Tarun Mansukhani, the romantic comedy will release Nov 14.
Priyanka plays a fashion journalist who shares her apartment with Abhishek and John. The two dupe her to rent her apartment on the pretext of being a gay couple.
“John, Abhishek and I are best friends in the film who do everything together. It’s a romantic comedy and a fun film about what happens in their lives,” the actress said.
Asked if she had any apprehensions working with a debutant director, specially after a string of flops this year, Priyanka said: “Tarun is a fabulous friend of mine and an incredible director. When I first met him, I was a little scared.
“I am a kind of person who asks a lot of questions. I test directors. I like asking and Tarun knew the answer to every question I asked. He blew my mind with his confidence and the commitment he had towards the film. By the end of the film, he’s become a really close friend of mine and I admire him as a filmmaker.”
The former Miss World also says: “I definitely want to try singing. I might start with, maybe, a song in one of my films but I’m not sure when. But I definitely want to do it.”
The actress said she admired the blogging rage among celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Ram Gopal Varma, but added that she couldn’t take to it due to lack of time.
“It’s such a great way to get closer to your fans. But I don’t know how they find time to blog because I hardly sleep for more than four hours. I really want to do it at some point because Karan (Johar) was also telling me it’s great… may be in a while when my schedule eases a little bit.
“I’ve had six releases this year, so it’s been insane for me.”
Priyanka is currently shooting for Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Kaminay” and Ashutosh Gowariker’s “What’s Your Raashee”, which she calls a “very complicated and difficult romantic comedy”.
She also has sequels to Farhan Akhtar’s “Don - The Chase Begins Again” and Goldie Behl’s “Drona”, apart from an item number opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Priyadarshan’s “Billo Barber”.
- 'Dostana 2' script locked, boys are back: Karan Johar - Dec 15, 2011
- Abhishek holds special screening of 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 14, 2012
- I am not part of 'Dostana 2': Priyanka Chopra - Apr 10, 2011
- 'Dostana 2' to finally roll - Apr 27, 2012
- KJo Says Ash Has Not Banned Kat For Abhishek - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Dostana 2' to go on floors next year: Karan Johar - Sep 08, 2010
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- Cast of ''Dostana'' talk about their film in Mumbai - Nov 14, 2008
- Mumbai boys ask John to take off his shirt - Sep 27, 2010
- Karan, Adi are 'lallu': SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 11, 2011
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Heroine' trailer crosses 2 mn hits on YouTube (Movie Snippets) - Aug 01, 2012
- It's Hrithik, not Abhishek in 'Agneepath' remake - Oct 20, 2010
- Actors should be like supermarkets: Shahid Kapoor (Film Snippets) - Jan 14, 2010