Item songs are artistic, not vulgar: NathaliaMay 8th, 2012 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) She is making her foray in the Hindi film industry with an item song in “Department” and Brazilian model-turned-actress Nathalia Kaur feels that item numbers should not be labelled vulgar as they are another way to showcase talent.
“I don’t like people calling me an item girl. I think it’s another way of showing talent and skills. I found it very artistic. People might criticise and label you, but there is nothing wrong in doing an item number,” Nathalia told IANS in an interview.
“The word item girl doesn’t hit me, I don’t see this as obscene or vulgar, I found this very artistic,” she added.
Nathalia will be seen dancing on item number “Dan dan” in “Department”. Choreographed by Ganesh Acharya, the soundtrack is composed by Dharam Sandeep, Bappi Lahiri and Vikram Nagi.
“The song is part of the movie and contains a lot of meaning. It’s very well-placed in the film. I think, the song gave me a chance to show my talent,” she said.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, “Department”, starring Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan and Rana Daggubati, will come out May 18.
Nathalia, who started her career with modelling in India, also featured as a Kingfisher calendar girl.
She believes that her modelling helped her bag roles in Bollywood films.
“I started modelling at the right time and at the right place. And at that time only I met Ram Gopal Varma. We kept in touch. After that I was selected for Kingfisher calendar and that really helped me to be known in the industry. Right now I’m doing a film, the item number was just to launch myself in the industry,” she said.
The 21-year-old is a trained Opera singer.
“I’m a trained opera singer… I’m a very artistic person. I like things related to arts, be it anything. I love singing, I learned singing for three years but acting is my passion. Singing makes me complete and add meaning to my life,” she said.
Asked whether she wants to continue her singing in future, she added: “I’ll be singing a song in my next movie under the banner of Ram Gopal Varma.”
- Nathalia is Pooja Bhatt's discovery, says RGV - Apr 27, 2012
- RGV not my mentor: Nathalia Kaur - May 07, 2012
- After item song, RGV casts Nathalia for film - Mar 03, 2012
- Nathalia will star opposite Rana in 'Department' - Mar 04, 2012
- Nathalia worth following to end of the world: RGV - Apr 12, 2012
- Never seen a more beautiful woman than Nathalia: RGV - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Dan dan' best item song: RGV - Apr 17, 2012
- Kingfisher girl nurtures Bollywood dreams - Dec 15, 2011
- `Department' is mass entertainer: RGV - Apr 19, 2012
- Nathalia Pinheiro crowned Kingfisher Calendar Girl 2012 - Dec 15, 2011
- India great opportunity for foreigners: Dibakar Banerjee - May 07, 2012
- Being half-Indian is no problem in Bollywood: Angela Jonsson - May 21, 2011
- 'Department' focuses on conflict of interest in police department (IANS Preview) - May 14, 2012
- Hospitality business kept Eesha away from Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Life is like a boxing ring: Amitabh (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, artistic person, bollywood films, brazilian model, calendar girl, foray, ganesh acharya, hindi film industry, kaur, kingfisher, kingfisher calendar, lahiri, modelling in india, opera singer, ram gopal varma, rana, sandeep, sanjay dutt, showcase talent, vikram