ITC to export soybean meal to ChinaMarch 9th, 2011 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 9 (IANS) ITC Ltd has signed a Rs.300 million agreement with a Chinese business delegation to export soyabean meal to Yunnan province.
The agreement was signed after an interactive session with the Chinese team headed by Xiong Qinghua, director general of Yunnan’s department of commerce.
The session was organised by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Qinghua said: “The total volume of bilateral trade between India and Yunnan province stood at $680 million, in which export from the province to India registered $520 million in 2010.”
He said the major export from the province to India was fertilizers and the major import was iron ore and alumina.
Yunnan hosts the China South Asia Business Forum every year in June. Sri Lanka will be the theme country this year, Qinghua said.
“We hope India will participate as the theme country in the forum next year,” he added.
- $189 mn of China's imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firms - Aug 27, 2012
- India, Australia to start talks on FTA soon - Jan 24, 2011
- Kenya eyes bilateral deals with China - Jul 17, 2012
- Illegal mining forces drop in ore export figures - Apr 05, 2012
- FICCI signs two accords with China Chamber of Commerce - Dec 15, 2010
- Need for Australian investments in infrastructure sector: Anand Sharma - Jan 24, 2011
- Goa mine owners stashed black money in Swiss banks: CPI - Apr 29, 2011
- India-Korea trade target of 30 billion dollars to be achieved by 2014: Anand Sharma - Jan 20, 2011
- India, Australia to begin free trade talks - May 02, 2011
- India, Kenya to discuss bilateral trade and investment - Oct 12, 2010
- India, Singapore business chambers to boost trade - Jul 11, 2012
- China denied rivalry with India, drums up trade, $16 bn deals (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Nepal trade unions warn of fresh strikes - Jul 20, 2011
- India-China meet on trade and market access - Aug 26, 2012
- Government will address exporters' concerns: Sharma - Oct 11, 2011
Tags: alumina, asia business forum, bilateral trade, business delegation, chamber of commerce, chinese business, chinese team, department of commerce, director general, fertilizers, indian chamber of commerce, interactive session, iron ore, itc ltd, kolkata, qinghua, South Asia, soybean meal, sri lanka, yunnan province