ITBP trooper killed, nine injured in grenade explosionMay 3rd, 2008 - 12:48 am ICT by admin
Panchkula (Haryana), May 2 (IANS) A trooper of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was killed and nine others injured when a grenade exploded while they were conducting training exercises at a firing range near here Friday. Head constable Om Prakash succumbed to his injuries in the hospital after being seriously wounded in the explosion at a firing range, 10 km from here.
ITBP officials said the grenade exploded when the troopers were conducting field exercises.
This is the second incident of this kind in less than two months.
Three troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed and 11 others injured March 13 when a grenade exploded during training exercises at another firing range here.
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast - Mar 22, 2012
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Two BSF men injured in training accident - Aug 07, 2012
- 9 ITBP troopers injured in grenade explosion - May 15, 2008
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010
- We want enquiry, say survivors of train tragedy - Feb 03, 2011
- Four killed in Gadchiroli (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- CRPF trooper killed in Kashmir grenade attack (Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- Six train rooftop riders fall to death - Feb 01, 2011
- First batch of women ITBP troopers passes out (Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- Two CRPF men injured in Srinagar - Mar 15, 2012
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Seven ITBP aspirants fall to death from speeding trains in UP - Feb 01, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012