Italy to fund cultural project in BengalMarch 4th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, March 4 (IANS) Italy will pump 3.5 million euros for the development of the second phase of the Roopkala Kendra, an Indo-Italian project, to nurture the growing cultural linkage between the two countries. “The Italian grant, worth 3.5 million euros, is being delivered to support the project by adding additional infrastructure and technical back up,” Ambassador of Italy to India H.E. Antonio Armellini said here Monday evening.
He said the Italian side is now ready to finalise the next phase of the project. “We are waiting for the final approval of the funding from the Indian authorities,” he said
Armellini said Roopkala Kendra received 2 million euros from Italy in 1999 in the first phase of work.
“The grant was provided to a project with audiovisual and technical equipment as well as consulting and training activities in the frame work of a three-year cooperation project. The project was completed in 2002,” he said.
Roopkala Kendra in Kolkata is a centre for production and training in the area of social communication using video technology to reach out to the common and marginal people. The centre works in eastern India, including the northeast.
Armellini said that IULM University of Milan is also partnering the Roopkala Kendra to carry out education and research projects.
- Euro 2012: Police raid casts shadow on Italian team's fate - Jun 03, 2012
- Italian ministers post salaries online - Feb 22, 2012
- Euro 2012: Cassano and Balotelli send Italy to quarters - Jun 19, 2012
- 15 bn euros of mafia wealth seized in Italy - Jun 12, 2012
- Italy to give Libyan rebels 500 mn euros - Sep 02, 2011
- Italy captain Buffon probed for illegal gambling - Jun 01, 2012
- 24,000 Italian government employees to lose jobs - Jul 11, 2012
- AIFF-FIFA to set up academies in India - Sep 09, 2011
- EU to give $348 mn in aid to Tunisia - Feb 15, 2011
- India seeks to jointly develop new markets with Africa (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- WikiLeaks cable reveals Berlusconi's efforts to avoid Bono tongue-lashing - Dec 18, 2010
- India offers $35 million soft loan to Comoros - Oct 08, 2011
- Unesco to help Italy preserve Pompeii - Dec 01, 2011
- AC Milan confirm Cassano-Pazzini swap - Aug 23, 2012
- Italy's industrial output suffers steep October decline - Dec 09, 2011