Italy beat England on penalties in Euro CupJune 25th, 2012 - 5:12 am ICT by IANS
Kiev, June 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Italy dumped England out of Euro 2012 on penalties Monday and will meet the Germans in the semifinals.
Alessandro Diamanti scored the winning penalty for Italy after Ashley Young missed and Ashley Cole’s effort was saved by Gianluigi Buffon.
It was a just reward for a dominating Italian display throughout the goalless regular and extra time, with Cesare Prandelli’s side travelling to Warsaw for Thursday’s semifinal.
Roy Hodgson’s side exit the tournament with a record of two wins, one draw and one defeat.
- Italy to meet Germany in semis after beating England (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Euro 2012: Buffon hopes for one more shock from Italy - Jul 01, 2012
- Euro 2012: Italy coach Prandelli applauds 'unique' Balotelli - Jun 29, 2012
- Euro 2012: Italy were 'cleverer' than Germany, says Loew - Jun 29, 2012
- Euro 2012: Cassano and Balotelli send Italy to quarters - Jun 19, 2012
- Euro 2012: Balotelli brace stuns Germans, sends Italy to final - Jun 29, 2012
- Pirlo penalty reminds me of Totti, says De Rossi - Jun 25, 2012
- Bertrand signs long-term contract with Chelsea - Sep 05, 2012
- Euro 2012: Italy ready for German pressure, says coach Prandelli - Jun 28, 2012
- Euro 2012: Spain beat Portugal 4-2 on penalties, reach final - Jun 28, 2012
- Euro 2012: Police raid casts shadow on Italian team's fate - Jun 03, 2012
- Buffon to extend Juventus deal - Sep 10, 2012
- Italy wept in changing room, says Buffon - Jul 02, 2012
- Euro 2012: Cassano 'fantastic' despite lack of fitness, says Italy coach - Jun 29, 2012
- Lack of rest killed us against Spain: Italy coach - Jul 02, 2012