Italian sets himself ablaze after job lossAugust 20th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, Aug 20 (IANS/AKI) A 48-year-old man died when he set himself on fire after losing his job in the northern Italian city of Turin.
The man torched himself because he could not find another job, and it was explained in a note police found in his house.
The incident happened late Sunday and was reported Monday morning by a passer-by who found the man’s charred body.
Police found a bottle of flammable substance next to the body and managed to identify him thanks to his car, parked just a few metres away.
- Man held in Italy for beating wife for removing veil - Aug 17, 2012
- Fake nursing school busted in Italy - Aug 09, 2012
- Gay Italian politician to run for PM in 2013 - Aug 02, 2012
- Fugitive in Berlusconi sex scandal arrested - Apr 16, 2012
- Italian magistrate arrested in mafia crackdown - Nov 30, 2011
- Four tonnes of banned fireworks seized in Italy - Dec 30, 2011
- Four bodies found aboard sunken ship - Feb 23, 2012
- Italian imam held for human trafficking - Jul 18, 2012
- Baby dies in Italy after being injected with milk - Jul 23, 2012
- 16 terror suspects held in Indonesia - Jun 13, 2011
- Ferrari, Lavazza designer dies at 85 - Jul 03, 2012
- Indian arrested for murder in Italy - Jun 24, 2010
- Concordia captain must stay under house arrest: Court - Apr 12, 2012
- US marine held for raping minor girl in Italy - May 30, 2012
- Indian arrested for murder in Italy (Lead) - Jun 24, 2010