Italian marines get bail (Lead, Changing dateline)May 30th, 2012 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, May 30 (IANS) The Kerala High Court Wednesday granted bail to two Italian marines in the Feb 15 fishermen shooting case.
The marines, Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone, were granted bail on the conditions that each of them would deposit Rs.1 crore as personal bond and provide two Indian sureties.
The court asked the two marines to surrender their passports and asked them not to leave the area falling under the jurisdiction of Kochi police commissioner. They were told to report to the police commissioner everyday between 10-11 a.m.
Two Indian fishermen — Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45 — were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead off Alappuzha in Kerala by the marines, who were serving as the security crew aboard Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie.
The two accused have been in judicial custody since Feb 20.
Last week, the two were shifted from jail to a Borstal School near Kochi after their pleas were allowed by the trial court in Kollam, some 120 km from here.
After being released on bail, the two are likely to move into a hotel.
- Italian marines may be shifted from jail to remand home - May 24, 2012
- Italian marines get bail - May 30, 2012
- Italian Marines shifted to reformatory in Kochi - May 25, 2012
- Arrested Italians to be produced in court - Feb 20, 2012
- Italian marines' bail plea rejected, remand extended to May 25 - May 11, 2012
- Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended - Apr 02, 2012
- Will stay in Kerala till issue resolved: Italian minister - Mar 07, 2012
- Italian ship will have to wait till forensic report: Kerala - Mar 28, 2012
- Kerala court denies bail to Italian marines (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Weapon used to shoot Indian fishermen still on ship - Feb 21, 2012
- Lok Adalat asked to settle compensation for killed fishermen - Apr 20, 2012
- Judicial custody of Italian marines extended till May 11 - Apr 30, 2012
- Families of detained Italians visit them in Trivandrum jail - Apr 19, 2012
- Custody of Italian marines extended till April 2 - Mar 19, 2012
- Happy Italians are being treated well: Mistura - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: 1 crore, alappuzha, binki, cargo vessel, enrica, girone, indian fishermen, judicial custody, jurisdiction, kerala high court, kochi, marines, passports, personal bond, pirates, police commissioner, salvatore, sureties, trial court