Italian marines’ bail plea rejected, remand extended to May 25May 11th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kollam (Kerala), May 11 (IANS) A court here Friday rejected the bail application plea of the two Italian security official arrested for shooting dead two Indian fishermen and extended their judicial custody till May 25.
The two - Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone - were Friday brought before the Kollam chief judicial magistrate who passed the order.
The two, posted aboard cargo vessel Enrica Lexie, were arrested Feb 20 for shooting dead two Indian fishermen, Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, after allegedly mistaking them for pirates. The incident occurred Feb 15, off Alappuzha.
The marines are lodged at the Thiruvananthapuram Central Prison. They are allowed a special room in the prison and last month their immediate family members were allowed to meet them.
Last week, Italian authorities reached an out-of-court settlement by paying Rs.10 million to the families of each of the killed fishermen and Rs.1.7 million to the boat owner J. Freddy for damage to his vessel.
The Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie was allowed to sail out from Kochi May 5.
- Judicial custody of Italian marines extended till May 11 - Apr 30, 2012
- Kerala court denies bail to Italian marines (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Italians pay Rs.1.7mn in damages, boat owner drops case - Apr 27, 2012
- Judicial custody of Italian Marines extended - Apr 02, 2012
- Arrested Italians to be produced in court - Feb 20, 2012
- Will stay in Kerala till issue resolved: Italian minister - Mar 07, 2012
- Custody of Italian marines extended till April 2 - Mar 19, 2012
- Italian marines get bail (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 30, 2012
- Families of detained Italians visit them in Trivandrum jail - Apr 19, 2012
- Italian marines case: Kerala Police file chargesheet - May 18, 2012
- Italian marines get bail - May 30, 2012
- Lok Adalat asked to settle compensation for killed fishermen - Apr 20, 2012
- Boat owner ready to let Italian ship sail for Rs.1.7 mn - Apr 26, 2012
- Italian ship will have to wait till forensic report: Kerala - Mar 28, 2012
- Italian marines may be shifted from jail to remand home - May 24, 2012