It was great learning experience in India, says PietersenDecember 23rd, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Dec 23 (IANS) Despite losing the two-match Test series 1-0, England skipper, Kevin Pietersen feels that it was a great learning experience to play in India.”A lot of positives have been come out in the last two weeks from the current Test-series in India. We learnt many things here and our boys are playing good cricket at the moment,” Pietersen told reporters at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium here.
“Present Indian side is very confident and they are playing without any fear on the field. Overall, it was a good experience to play here as we came close to win the Chennai test and this match was also a good stuff for us,” he added.
“Captaincy in any sport for any nation is not an easy job. Last few weeks have been the toughest weeks for England and for me as a captain of this side. India is a difficult side to beat especially in their own soil.”
On the weather, that played spoil sport, Pietersen said: “Weather played a dampener in the series as we lost 90-overs of the second Test. Both our batsmen and bowlers did fantastic work here but it was unfortunate that the things could not go our way.”
“We like the hospitality of India. It was really enjoyable to play before such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic crowd here. In fact our boys also did a remarkable job and they were the great ambassadors for their country,” said Pietersen.
Praising Yuvraj’s knock, Pietersen said: “Yuvraj played well, I liked the sixes that he hit. All our conflicts are there only on the ground and they are bound to happen as everyone here wants to win for his country. We don’t have anything bad between us as at the end of the day we had laughs, jokes between us. I think we should leave this and finish this issue right now.”
- Pietersen pays Yuvraj a visit - Apr 12, 2012
- Would like to make life easy for Sehwag: Jayawardene - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj wants to establish himself in Tests with England series - Jul 07, 2011
- Ponting wary of Windies threat - Apr 03, 2012
- Get-well wishes pour in for Yuvraj - Feb 05, 2012
- Sammy says team work key in absence of big names - May 04, 2012
- Good show in England will set tone for India series: Sammy - Sep 16, 2011
- KP, Jayawardene will boost Daredevils: Sehwag - Apr 09, 2012
- Pietersen eager to play in 2015 World Cup - Oct 08, 2011
- Pietseren's jab at South African-born cricketers in England team - Jul 17, 2011
- Swann and Anderson the key bowlers for England: Dravid - Jul 12, 2011
- I'm not done yet, says Strauss - May 16, 2011
- Kohli, Ojha to replace Yuvraj, Harbhajan in England (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Kevin Pietersen retires from ODIs and T20s - May 31, 2012