It was cruel to ask me to dance with Govinda: Suniel ShettyNovember 7th, 2008 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 7 (IANS) Actor-producer Suniel Shetty admits that he was nervous about matching steps with Govinda and Javed Jaffrey for the title song of “Loot” since he considers himself a poor dancer and was even rated the clumsiest dancer by an entertainment channel.”The line up of dancers that choreographer Ahmed Khan had for me made me go weak in the knees. Would you be believe, he wanted a renowned non-dancer like yours truly to do intricate steps for the title song with three of the best dancers in the film industry Govinda, Javed and Mimoh.
“Trust me, they are super dancers on par with John Travolta and Michael Jackson. And I’m rightly known for my two left feet. To ask a non-dancer to match steps with them is not just cruel, it’s a joke,” Suniel told IANS.
Initially, Suniel refused to take the plunge.
“To make myself look ridiculous in my own production? Come on! I told Ahmed Khan there’re better ways for me to commit suicide. But he asked me to just trust him. So there I was a day after Diwali trusting my choreographer instead of my better judgement, matching steps with Govinda, Javed and Mimoh.”
But Suniel says he enjoyed himself doing the song.
“I just let myself go. I know I’m a terrible dancer. But I wasn’t pretending otherwise.”
Zoom TV chose him as one of the 10 worst dancers of the film industry.
Commenting on that, he said: “I was ecstatic. I rang up my daughter and told her to quickly put on the telly, her dad had been chosen among the best dancers of the country. She thought I had lost it. ‘You and best dancer?’
“But honestly I was kicked because they had named me as among the most clumsy dancers along with Sanjay Dutt, Sunny Deol and Abhishek Bachchan. And for some strange reason they had also named Mr. Amitabh Bachchan among the worst dancers. So god was with me.”
- Sonakshi raised the bar to dance with Prabhu Deva - Aug 15, 2012
- Mimoh feels burdened as star kid - Jul 30, 2011
- I pushed Chang beyond his level: Choreographer Marischa (Interview) - Mar 09, 2011
- Matching dance steps with younger lot a nightmare for me: Big B - Apr 28, 2011
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- Life is like a boxing ring: Amitabh (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2011
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Chinese Indian Meiyang Chang bags 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' trophy - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Sushil Kumar's 'Jhalak...' journey ends - Aug 04, 2012
- ABCD has better dancers than me: Prabhu Deva - Jun 05, 2012
- AHMED KHAN - A CHOREOGRAPHER PAR EXCELLENCE - Sep 06, 2010
- Anupam Kher to be honoured in Toronto (Movie Snippets) - Apr 16, 2011