It is Sheila Dikshit’s win, says JaitleyDecember 8th, 2008 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) The Congress won the Delhi assembly elections but this was Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit’s victory, said Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley Monday.He conceded that losing Delhi was a setback for the BJP.
“I congratulate Sheila Dikshit. Delhi’s loss is definitely an issue of worry for us,” Jaitley told reporters here.
“Delhi went against us. There is a cocktail of several issues in Delhi that led to our loss. Elections are fought on issues such as leadership, candidate selection, election campaign, local and national issues,” he said.
“We have a meeting of our parliamentary board Monday evening. We will analyse the reasons,” Jaitley added.
- BJP parliamentary board will decide on PM candidate - Sep 28, 2011
- This was not my election: Sheila Dikshit - Apr 18, 2012
- Bihar win a victory of optimism: BJP (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Parliament to discuss Maken's statement Tuesday - Aug 08, 2011
- Bihar result is victory of meritorious leadership: Arun Jaitley (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Defeat in Delhi civic polls a wake up call to Dikshit - Apr 19, 2012
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Civic poll loss not a referendum on me: Dikhit (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- BJP has lost moral right to question: Congress - Mar 30, 2011
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
- Fake marks-sheet: Dikshit's aide offers to resign (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Mar 06, 2012
- Defeat for 'dynastic politics', says Jaitley - Nov 24, 2010
- Fake marks-sheet case: Congress legislator offers to resign - Mar 06, 2012
- Party leaders should be selected through merit only: Jaitley - Sep 22, 2011
- India to boost democratic practices in Myanmar - Dec 12, 2011