It has been an unbelievable year: BresnanOctober 31st, 2011 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 31 (IANS) England all-rounder Tim Bresnan feels they have had an unbelievable year despite their 0-5 one-day cricket international series whitewash in India.
This year England won the Ashes and were presented the hefty Reliance ICC Test Championship mace after completing a 4-0 clean sweep over India at the Oval.
Bresnan said they are looking to improve on their performance.
“To be No.1 in two out of three competitions - we are not in a bad place really, are we, especially in Test cricket, which is the pinnacle,” Bresnan said. “I think the way we’ve played this year has been fantastic but we are still looking to improve and churn out results.
“We’ve had a lot of good times over the past year. It’s tough to single one thing out but it has been an unbelievable year. To see your hard work over a number of years come to fruition - and gaining No.1 Test status - was fantastic. It was something we set our sights on four years ago and we achieved our goal,” Bresnan was quoted as saying in Daily Telegraph.
England will now have the rare luxury of two months off before they take on Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates.
Two Tests in Dubai and another in Abu Dhabi will provide a new challenge for England, their first series since they became World Test champions.
“We know it is going to be tough out there, it is not quite as sub-continental as India but you do get those dry pitches so we need to get results out there,” Bresnan said.
“Winning the Ashes and beating India at home was brilliant but the way the rankings work mean that we have to keep winning games of cricket and be consistent. Just winning Test matches is not enough, you have to win series.”
- We want to drill fear into the opposition: Pietersen - Aug 15, 2011
- Why blame only Laxman, asks Gambhir - Jan 17, 2012
- Never seen three pitches seam and swing so much: Fletcher - Aug 11, 2011
- England hoping to blank India in ODIs too: Bresnan - Aug 30, 2011
- India's cricket reputation lies in tatters - Aug 14, 2011
- India have to prove they are world's top Test team: Botham - May 26, 2011
- Never seen England pitches seam and swing so much: Fletcher (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Strauss, Flower receive OBEs - Oct 05, 2011
- Meticulous long-term planning was key to England's success: Anderson - Aug 14, 2011
- Strauss striving for 'double knock-out' of Aussies to retain Ashes in style - Dec 24, 2010
- Australia lack firepower to reclaim Ashes: Holding - Apr 21, 2012
- It was a fantastic turnaround, says Strauss - Aug 02, 2011
- Watson says Oz cricket 'nowhere near the heights' of 2006 Ashes win - Jan 07, 2011
- Prior is surprise inclusion in England's World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- South African bowling coach Donald plans to topple England - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, bresnan, clean sweep, daily telegraph, fruition, good times, mace, new challenge, oct 31, pitches, rare luxury, rounder, single one, test championship, test cricket, test matches, test status, united arab emirates, whitewash, world test