Israel’s Mossad agent dies in accident (Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, July 18 (IANS) An agent with Israel’s Mossad who commanded hundreds of covert missions in two decades of service was killed Monday in a biking accident, a media report said.
Giora Tzahor, 70, was critically wounded Monday when hit by a truck while cycling near his home north of Tel Aviv, and died hours later, Xinhua quoted the Yediot Aharonot daily as saying.
Prior to joining Mossad, Tzahor received one of the highest decorations awarded by the Israeli military.
He volunteered for service with Mossad six years later and was assigned to Caesarea, the agency’s elite special operations division, following the completion of his training.
The Israeli defense ministry banned the media from publishing Tzahor’s photograph despite the fact that he had retired from the Mossad in 1993.
- Israel's Mossad agent killed - Jul 18, 2012
- Petition to close down Mossad quashed - Apr 19, 2012
- Now, a calmed Israel expresses admiration, sympathy for Egyptians - Feb 14, 2011
- Israeli army to acquire rockets - Mar 15, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel to build shelters against bio-chemical bombs - Aug 19, 2010
- Israeli diplomats world over use taxis after attacks - Feb 14, 2012
- Thank God! My kids were not with me, says Israeli victim (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Caffeinated gum keeps Israeli pilots, commandos alert - May 18, 2012
- Lucky that kids were not with me, says Israeli victim (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli army to acquire long-range rockets - Mar 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Abandon new settlement plans, Russia urges Israel - Oct 17, 2011
- Injured woman may be evacuated to Israel - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012