Israel’s military threat hollow slogan: IranJune 23rd, 2008 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, June 23 (IANS) Iran Monday termed Israel’s military threat against its nuclear installation hollow and said Tel Aviv is not in a position to threaten the Islamic country. “It is a hollow slogan and they do so whenever they want to transfer their internal crisis out of the regime structure,” IRNA news agency quoted foreign ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini as saying at his weekly press briefing.
Hosseini was responding to reporters’ questions about a massive Israeli air force exercise in the Mediterranean and its threat to bomb Iran’s nuclear facilities.
Commenting on the air force exercise, the spokesman said the move was a way through which Israel wanted to get rid of its several domestic crises and distract public opinion.
“Tel Aviv regime needs such moves to repair humiliated spirit of Israeli officials after being defeated by forces of the Lebanese resistance movement in summer 2006 (July-August),” Hosseini said.
Israel carried out a major air force exercise earlier this month that United States officials say appeared to be a rehearsal for a potential attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities, The New York Times said Friday.
More than 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 fighters participated in the exercise, carried out over the eastern Mediterranean and over Greece during the first week of June, according to US officials.
The Pentagon officials also said the exercise was a clear message that Tel Aviv would act militarily, if diplomatic efforts fail to stop Iran from enriching bomb grade uranium.
A day after the air exercise concluded Israeli Transportation Minister Shaul Mofaz, a former defence minister and army chief of staff, warned in an interview with Israel’s Yediot Ahronot daily said Israel would attack if Iran did not stop enrichment activities.
According to US military reports, Israel in the recent past had bombed a Syrian site suspected to be a nuclear facility working to produce bomb.
- 'Peace accord with Palestinians more urgent for Israel than Iran attack' - Sep 11, 2012
- Iran can produce four atom bombs: Israel - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Israel will need 100 planes to attack Iran' - Feb 20, 2012
- Draft Iran deal has Israel worried - Oct 24, 2009
- Israel to build shelters against bio-chemical bombs - Aug 19, 2010
- Israel preparing to attack Iran: Report - Aug 17, 2012
- Israeli air force rehearses attack on Iran: Report - Jun 20, 2008
- US, Britain planning to attack Iran: Report - Nov 03, 2011
- Israel 'plans attack on Tehran within months' - Feb 04, 2012
- Madonna fans oppose bombing Iran before Israel gig - Feb 10, 2012
- Israel warms up to hit Iran - Jun 20, 2008
- Iranian leader threatens to increase uranium enrichment - Jul 23, 2012
- Israeli victim saw Delhi bomber - Feb 14, 2012
- Unfazed by US, India to step up ties with Tehran - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel to test next-generation missile defense system - Mar 02, 2012