Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi opposes vehicle’s releaseApril 19th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, accused in the Feb 13 Israeli embassy car blast case, Thursday told a Delhi court that the damaged vehicle should not be released for inspection by an insurance surveyor.
He opposed an application filed in the court seeking the vehicle’s release and said that the plea did not bear anybody’s name.
Kazmi’s counsel Mehmood Pracha said before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav that the name of the person who was seeking the release of the damaged car should at least be mentioned.
The court after taking a note to the application agreed with the submission.
The counsel opposed the application and said that the probe was still on and if the car was released at this stage then this crucial piece of evidence could be tampered with.
“The case is of international ramification and if permission is granted to the surveyor of an insurance company to inspect the car, it would amount to tampering with vital evidence,” said Pracha.
Counsel appearing on behalf of Alon Yehoshua, the husband of Isreali diplomat Tal Yehoshua, who was injured in the attack, said that the applicant was outside the country.
He told court that the application was moved on behalf of Alon Yehoushua, who is the owner of the Toyota Innova car which was damaged in the attack.
The court listed the matter for hearing April 21, when the Kazmi’s judicial custody would end.
The application filed by advocate Sushil Shukla Monday requested the court to release the damaged car for preparing repair estimates by workshop staff.
Tal Yehoshua, wife of the Israeli defence attache, suffered multiple injuries Feb 13 when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire near the prime minister’s house in central Delhi.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Inspection of Israeli embassy car allowed - May 01, 2012
- Plea for release of damaged Israeli embassy car opposed - Apr 23, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's custody extended - Apr 07, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi moves bail plea - Jul 13, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi seeks to know name of interrogators - Mar 31, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi moves bail application - Mar 30, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on Kazmi's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: akk, alon, asian news, car on fire, central delhi, damaged car, defence attache, delhi court, explosive device, insurance surveyor, israeli embassy, judicial custody, mehmood, motorcycle rider, ramification, repair estimates, shukla, toyota innova, vital evidence, workshop staff