Israeli embassy car blast: Delhi Police team to go to IranJuly 31st, 2012 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) A Delhi Police team will soon go to Iran to question some suspects as part of the probe into the Feb 13 Israeli embassy car blast case which left the wife of a diplomat injured, said Home Minister P. Chidambaram Tuesday.
A fresh date has been fixed for the Delhi Police team’s visit to Tehran, said Chidambaram.
“Iranian government had agreed to allow Indian authorities to question some suspects who are believed to be in Iran but there was some inconvenience with the dates,” the minister said at a press conference here.
Asked whether Iranian Republican Guards were allegedly involved in the bombing, Chidambaram said the police team should be allowed to complete its work.
The Delhi Police have already named four Iranian nations — Houshang Afshar, who planted the bomb at the vehicle, Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, Saeid Moradi and Mohammad Kharzei.
On February, 13, Tal Yehoshua Koren, 42, wife of Israeli defence attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car in central Delhi and sped away.
- Israeli car blast: Delhi Police team to quiz Bangkok blast suspect - Mar 21, 2012
- Court takes note of charges against Kazmi - Aug 09, 2012
- Kazmi, Iranians named suspects in Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 31, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Red Corner notice issued against four - Mar 23, 2012
- Red corner notice to be issued for Iranians in Israeli car blast: Police - Mar 16, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing has foreign links: Police - Jul 19, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's plea to come up Oct 12 - Jul 30, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Delhi Police seeks MEA help for Iranians' extradition - Mar 15, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Two Iranian suspects in Bangkok blast released - Feb 28, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Third Iranian suspect in Bangkok bombing held in Malaysia (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: afshar, central delhi, defence attache, delhi police, diplomat, explosive device, home minister, inconvenience, indian authorities, iranian government, israeli embassy, koren, mohammad, moradi, motorcycle rider, p chidambaram, police team, republican guards, saeid, yossi