Israeli car explosion: Terror link not ruled outFebruary 13th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) The Indian government has not ruled out a terror link to an explosion in an Israeli embassy car in the capital Monday that injured two people.
The car belonging to the Israeli embassy was gutted, metres away from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s 7 Race Course Road residence.
It was not immediately clear whether it was a blast or whether a CNG cylinder exploded in the car bearing registration number 109 CD 35. The occupants of the car are not known.
Home ministry sources said police investigators have already begun probe and a team of forensic experts has collected evidence from the spot. The entire area has been barricaded and sleuths were still collecting material from the site.
The sources didn’t rule out a terror link, saying anything was possible.
“It was a minor blast. But nothing is being ruled out or ruled in at this stage,” an official said.
The sources said an alert has been sounded in the capital and the government has asked foreign missions to be on vigil following the car explosion.
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, two hurt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, four injured (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Smashed windows, burnt car and barricades at blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Hezbollah link to Israeli car blast? - Feb 13, 2012
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Palm-sized magnetic bomb used in terror attack: Police (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Traces of potassium chlorate, nitrate in explosive: Police - Feb 15, 2012
- Phone calls made to Israel, Iran, Lebanon being examined (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen hand in bomb attack being probed (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Probe intensifies but no headway in Monday bombing - Feb 16, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Bustle back at Israeli embassy car blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: bearing, car explosion, foreign missions, forensic experts, home ministry, indian government, israeli embassy, manmohan, manmohan singh, ministry sources, minor blast, New Delhi, occupants, police investigators, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, registration number, terror, vigil