Israeli ambassador meets Andhra police chiefDecember 5th, 2011 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 5 (IANS) Israeli Ambassador to India Alon Ushpiz Monday exchanged views with Andhra Pradesh police chief and other top officials on terrorism, Left-wing extremism and other issues.
An Israeli delegation headed by Colonel Yossi Rafelov, defence attache of the embassy of Israel, also had a meeting with Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy and other top officials heading wings like counter-terrorism, intelligence, anti-Maoist force Greyhounds and anti-terror force OCTOPUS.
The state police sought cooperation in making rapid strides in tackling Left-wing extremism and terrorism, according to a statement from the DGP’s office.
- Goa Police commandos to be trained by navy - May 07, 2011
- Andhra ready to help Bengal in tackling Maoists - Oct 20, 2011
- Andhra anti-terror force Octopus gets its headquarters - Aug 13, 2012
- PM to open chief ministers' meet on security April 16 - Apr 14, 2012
- Kazmi, Iranians named suspects in Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 31, 2012
- Greyhound academy to train Goa police team - Jul 17, 2010
- India to discuss security challenges with state governments - Apr 13, 2012
- Maoist-affected states can hire private choppers - Aug 23, 2011
- Court takes note of charges against Kazmi - Aug 09, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says India (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kazmi's plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Assam plans new cells to tackle Maoists, fake currency - May 14, 2012
- Andhra calls for steps to prevent regrouping of Maoists - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: alon, colonel, cooperation, counter terrorism, defence attache, dgp, dinesh, director general, embassy of israel, intelligence, israel, israeli ambassador, israeli delegation, maoist, octopus, police chief, rapid strides, state police, wings, yossi