Israel hit by rockets from Lebanon: reportJanuary 14th, 2009 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Jan 14 (Xinhua) An air raid siren sounded Wednesday morning in northern Israel, indicating that rockets might have landed in the area, news service Ynet reported. Residents of the Upper Galilee region and in the city of Kiryat Shmona said that they heard blasts and saw smoke in the nearby area.
Local residents have been instructed to stay near rocket-proof shelters.
Last Thursday, two Katyusha rockets were fired at northern Israel from southern Lebanon, injuring two people.
- Lebanon, Israel exchange fires - Oct 28, 2009
- Israel tests missile alert system - Aug 12, 2012
- Al Qaeda group claims rocket fire on Israel - Oct 30, 2009
- Rockets fired into Israel from Lebanon (Lead) - Jan 08, 2009
- Israel launches nationwide defence drill - May 23, 2010
- Israel stages nationwide missile-attack drill - Jun 02, 2009
- Four killed as Israel, Lebanon exchange fire (Second lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Israel grows purple carrots, tiger-striped tomatoes - Jan 31, 2012
- Israeli planes strike Gaza - Sep 16, 2010
- rael should not panic over a Hezbollah run Lebanon: Experts - Jan 25, 2011
- Israel should not panic over a Hezbollah run Lebanon: Experts - Jan 25, 2011
- Israeli strike kills two in Gaza, Israel deploys anti-missile system - Mar 27, 2011
- Champions League: Malaga beat Panathinaikos - Aug 23, 2012
- 27 killed in Iraq bomb attacks - Dec 22, 2011
- Several rockets hit northern Israel from Lebanon - Jan 08, 2009