Israel fears more rocket attacksMarch 27th, 2012 - 7:38 am ICT by IANS
Tel Aviv, March 27 (IANS) The Israeli military has deployed its Iron Dome anti-rocket system in various locations in Tel Aviv to counter rocket attacks from Gaza militants.
The Israel Defence Forces said it needs about 10 such equipment to adequately cover the country, Xinhua reported.
“We assume that in the next round, some rockets will fall in central Israel,” Tel Aviv police central district commander Bentsi Sao said.
Palestinian militants had fired nearly 300 rockets and mortars at Israeli cities and towns several weeks ago after Israel killed a senior militant leader.
- Israel lauds its anti-rocket system - Mar 12, 2012
- Israel to deploy anti-missile system - Feb 20, 2012
- Two rockets fired from Gaza into Israel despite announced ceasefire - Apr 16, 2011
- Pentagon backs expanding Israel's Iron Dome - Mar 28, 2012
- Israel will hit anyone planning to attack its citizens: PM - Mar 11, 2012
- US funding for Israeli air defence - May 18, 2012
- US concerned about attacks in Israel - Mar 11, 2012
- Obama discusses Middle East peace with Netanyahu - Aug 11, 2011
- US to give $680 mn for Israel's anti-missile system - May 14, 2012
- Israel building rocket battalion - Apr 04, 2012
- Israeli strike kills two in Gaza, Israel deploys anti-missile system - Mar 27, 2011
- US urges Palestinians, Israelis to end violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Israeli-Palestinian prisoner swap deal to start Tuesday - Oct 15, 2011
- Israel considers referendum on peace deal with Palestinians - Sep 22, 2010
- One killed after Israeli air strikes hit the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: central israel, cities and towns, district commander, gaza, iron dome, israel, israel defence forces, israel tel, israeli cities, israeli military, militant leader, mortars, palestinian militants, police central, rocket attacks, rocket system, rockets, tel aviv, xinhua