Israel expels Venezuelan diplomatsJanuary 29th, 2009 - 12:27 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Jan 28 (Xinhua) Israel has expelled all diplomatic staff from the Venezuelan embassy in response to a similar action by the South American state earlier this month, the Jerusalem Post reported Wednesday.The expulsion order was issued Tuesday, and the Venezuelan diplomats have to leave the Jewish state by Friday, the report quoted foreign ministry spokesman Yossi Levy as saying.
The tit-for-tat move came nearly two weeks after the Venezuelan government announced its decision to severe diplomatic relations with Israel in protest against the latter’s military offensive in the Gaza Strip that killed over 1,400 Palestinians.
The Israeli operation triggered grave concern and fierce condemnation from across the world. Caracas and Bolivia also declared to break off ties with Israel.
- Israel may resolve Middle East crisis unilaterally: Minister - May 31, 2012
- Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza - Jan 12, 2011
- Russia urges Israel to stop settlement expansion - Jun 09, 2012
- American Jewish Committee urges to condemn Venezuelan President after Israel's remarks - Jun 08, 2010
- More Israelis, Palestinians willing to compromise: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Abbas pledges to continue peace talks with Israel - Jan 23, 2012
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Palestinians organise local marathon to reject Israeli one - Mar 19, 2012
- Venezuela snaps diplomatic ties with Israel over Gaza - Jan 15, 2009
- UN chief asks Israel to lift Gaza siege (Lead) - Mar 21, 2010
- British consulate employees in Jerusalem charged for arms trafficking - Jan 04, 2011
- Palestinian women protest in support of hunger striker - Mar 08, 2012
- Israel to harden conditions of imprisoned Palestinians - Jun 24, 2011
- Israel arrests Palestinians in West Bank raids - Jun 23, 2010
- Israeli military condemns Brit activists for revealing its 'war criminal' soldiers on website - Nov 20, 2010