Isolate Tendulkar, Dravid to win: Adam ParoreFebruary 28th, 2009 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, Feb 28 (IANS) Former New Zealand skipper Adam Parore feels that the key for the Black Caps in the series against India will be to isolate batsmen like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid to put pressure on the other members of the team.
“Two of the greats, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, are here, and they will be expected to make runs the way they almost always do. Greats like Tendulkar and Dravid know how to adapt. They will make runs anywhere. It is unrealistic to expect to dominate them. The idea is to isolate the great players so as to put the pressure on the others,” Parorr wrote in his column in the New Zealand Herald.
Parore felt that New Zealand bowlers should try and keep Tendulkar away from strike and contain him as much as they can.
“Tendulkar’s average is much the same here as it is anywhere else, even if he wasn’t perhaps as fluid in his strokemaking here as he was at home or somewhere like Australia, where conditions are more to his liking. We were only moderately successful, and the same goes for Dravid, a similar type of runmaker,” said the former captain.
Parore also said that the Indians will struggle in New Zealand conditions.
“I think our bowlers have certain advantages, because the conditions are so foreign to the Indians. And whereas India has had a bit of success in, say Australia, recently, the way we take the pace off the ball and our ability to exploit our two-paced wickets should still trouble them,” he said.
“But the conditions will be a leveller. If you look at the history of the two batting lineups, they are on different planets. By right, the Indians should cream us. But it won’t work out that way.”
- India to make fresh start against New Zealand (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- Indians will have trouble on quick pitches: Taylor - Dec 22, 2011
- Bhajji defends Sachin, Dravid - Sep 23, 2011
- Dravid credits Harbhajan for India's good position - Nov 14, 2010
- Hope England nightmare won't be repeated: Dravid - Jan 11, 2012
- India's best chance of a series win in Australia (Preview) - Dec 25, 2011
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- Kiwis' confidence up in absence of Dravid, Laxman - Aug 22, 2012
- Jadeja putting pressure on Pathan: Akram - Oct 22, 2011
- Indian batsmen warm up in style, Tendulkar top scores with 92 - Dec 16, 2011
- Dravid's retirement has created an irreplaceable void: Sachin - Jul 13, 2012
- India, South Africa favourites to win World Cup: Parore - Feb 19, 2011
- Tendulkar will come back strongly at SCG: Ganguly - Dec 31, 2011
- Tendulkar inspired Umesh to work on a new delivery (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Tendulkar back; big chance for India's GenNext against Windies - Nov 05, 2011