Islamic Sharia law zones set up across BritainJuly 28th, 2011 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) Islamists across Britain have launched a poster campaign, setting up zones where the Sharia law would be enforced, a media report said Thursday.
The bright yellow posters put up at bus stops and on street lamp posts read: “You are entering a Sharia-controlled zone - Islamic rules enforced.”
The messages that have also come up in London, warn that in the Sharia zone there should be no gambling, music or concerts, porn or prostitution, drugs or smoking and alcohol, the Daily Mail reported.
A preacher named Anjem Choudary - who runs a banned militant group Islam4UK - has claimed responsibility for the campaign.
He said he plans to “put the seeds down for an Islamic Emirate in the long term”.
“We now have hundreds if not thousands of people up and down the country willing to go out and patrol the streets for us and a print run of between 10,000 and 50,000 stickers ready for distribution,” Choudary said.
“There are 25 areas around the country which the government has earmarked as areas where violent extremism is a problem. We are going to go to all these same areas and implement our own Sharia-controlled zones.”
This was the “best way for dealing with drunkenness and loutishness, prostitution and the sort of thug life attitude you get in British cities”, he said.
In those areas, the Muslim community will “not tolerate” drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, free mixing between the sexes.
Scotland Yard is now working to remove the posters and identify those behind them.
- 'London Taliban' sharia law to target women and homosexuals - Apr 18, 2011
- Islamic group launches poster campaign against Christmas - Dec 24, 2010
- Brits live like animals in a jungle, says hate cleric Anjem Choudhary - Mar 14, 2009
- Hate preacher vows to establish Sharia law across Europe - Jan 24, 2010
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary used rented railway viaduct arch as headquarter - Dec 26, 2010
- British extremist to lead pro-Islam demonstration outside White House - Feb 21, 2011
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary to pen 'sick' letters to families of dead British soldiers - Jan 03, 2010
- Radical UK Muslims' secret conference scrapped following cops' intervention - Nov 29, 2010
- Radical Islamist preacher warns of fresh terror attacks across Europe - Jan 02, 2011
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
- Seething Hamza forced back into jail cell in UK - Jan 13, 2011
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
- Brit hate preacher Anjem Choudary's terror network exposed - Jan 15, 2010
- New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7 - Aug 01, 2010
- Brit hate cleric tells Queen to turn Muslim and ensure her place in paradise! - Oct 19, 2009
Tags: britain london, british cities, bus stops, daily mail, drunkenness, islamic emirate, islamic rules, islamic sharia law, islamists, militant group, muslim community, pornography, poster campaign, preacher, prostitution, scotland yard, sexes, stickers, street lamp posts, thug life