Islamic groups in Europe condemn Mumbai attacksDecember 3rd, 2008 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Dec 3 (IANS) The Federation of Islamic Organisations in Europe (FIOE) Wednesday condemned the “inexcusable and reprehensible” terror attacks in India’s commercial capital Mumbai last week and called for harmony among communities. “These inexcusable and reprehensible attacks have shocked all concerned, especially given the scale and nature of the threat to innocent civilian lives, and the huge number of victims,” the EuAsiaNews quoted the Brussels-based organisation as saying.
At least 183 people were killed and more than 300 injured Nov 26 when terrorists attacked several places in Mumbai.
“The Federation of Islamic Organisations in Europe reminds of the vital importance of exercising self-restraint, and respect for the principle of peaceful coexistence and harmony in community relations in the multi-ethnic Indian society,” it said.
“Different communities of India must realise the necessity of maintaining the integrity of its social fabric, and wisely and safely navigate through such testing times,” it said in a statement.
The FIOE is an association of hundreds of Islamic organisations across Europe.
- Belgium to host major Indian business meet - Nov 02, 2011
- EU to sign pact on illegal immigrants with Pakistan - Feb 23, 2010
- Italy to host India business meeting in June - May 03, 2011
- 'EU-India free trade top priority for Britain' - Nov 11, 2011
- India's envoy to Belgium holds get-to-know reception - Sep 11, 2012
- EU condemns 'heinous' Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- NATO denies offering missile cooperation to India - Sep 30, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- EU, Indian civil society to discuss trade relations - Sep 23, 2009
- Spreading peace, brotherhood among Northeast friends - through music (With Images) - Aug 31, 2012
- New Delhi to host EU-India civil society workshop Sep 24 - Sep 13, 2009
- EU condemns terrorist attack in Delhi - Sep 08, 2011
- Europe's biggest Hindu temple to come up in Netherlands - Feb 19, 2011
- Pakistan takes up Florida Quran desecration with UN - Mar 23, 2011