ISI not exporting terror: Shuja PashaSeptember 30th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 30 (IANS) Pakistan’s powerful spy agency ISI is not exporting terror, its chief General Shuja Pasha has said.
Pasha made the remark Thursday during his briefing to the All Parties Conference (APC) that discussed the challenges the country was facing, reported Geo News.
The meeting of the political leaders was held here following deteriorating ties between Islamabad and Washington. The US has accused the Inter-Services Intelligence of supporting the Haqqani network that was behind recent attacks in Afghanistan, including the Sep 11 truck bomb attack and the Sep 13 assault on the US embassy in Kabul.
The ISI was not exporting terrorism and denied US accusations of supporting the Haqqani network, sources quoted Pasha as saying.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Nawaz Sharif, however, pointed out that there must be some reason that the world had levelled these accusations against Pakistan.
Sharif called for all issues to be presented before parliament.
Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party chairman Mehmood Achakzai, while reacting to the spy chief’s statement, said that if the ISI wanted, it could achieve peace in Afghanistan within a month.
- Gilani discusses Pakistan-US ties with politicians - Sep 25, 2011
- Gilani calls back Khar from US (Lead) - Sep 25, 2011
- Pakistan spy chief goes to Saudi Arabia - Sep 26, 2011
- Can't push Pakistan to do more: Gilani - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan wants stronger ties with Saudi Arabia: Zardari - Sep 27, 2011
- Pakistan mulls successor to ISI chief - Feb 16, 2012
- All parties meet shows national unity: Pakistani leaders - Sep 30, 2011
- US general meets Kayani, discusses Haqqani network - Sep 24, 2011
- US accuses Pakistan of supporting Haqqani network - Sep 23, 2011
- Pak military indirectly rejects damning US 'war on terror' report, ISI double-game - Apr 27, 2011
- Memo commission issues notice to Zardari - Jan 04, 2012
- Zardari 'will respect' parliament probe in memo scandal - Jan 07, 2012
- ISI chief visits Qatar (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Haqqani network was once CIA's blue-eyed boy: Khar - Sep 26, 2011
- Khar expected to focus on terror in UN address - Sep 27, 2011
Tags: achakzai, awami, chief general, geo news, inter services, isi, islamabad, mehmood, nawaz sharif, network sources, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, party chairman, pasha, pml n, political leaders, sep 11, spy agency, truck bomb attack, us embassy in kabul