Ishrat Jahan killing: Probe team submits reportApril 5th, 2011 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, April 5 (IANS) The Gujarat High Court-appointed special investigation team (SIT) has submitted its interim report on investigation into the 2004 Ishrat Jahan shootout, sources said Tuesday.
The report, submitted in a sealed cover in the high court registry, will be placed before the bench of Justice Jayant Patel and Justice Abhilasha Kumari April 8, they said.
The SIT recently raided the forensic science laboratory and procured certain evidence and recorded the statement of the driver of former deputy superintendent of police N.K. Amin in connection with Ishrat Jahan’s killing.
The division bench earlier directed the SIT to probe the allegations that police gunned down Ishrat Jahan and others in a staged shootout.
The court asked it to periodically submit its progress report in the probe and posted the matter April 8.
Ishrat Jahan, Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar were killed in a police shootout on the outskirts of Ahmedabad in June 2004. Police claimed Jahan, a college girl from Mumbai, and the three others were Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives on a mission to kill Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Probe team files report in court - Apr 20, 2011
- Gujarat hampering Ishrat Jahan shootout probe: Court - Apr 08, 2011
- Seven years later, SIT says Ishrat killed in staged shootout (Lead) - Nov 21, 2011
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Probe team gets access to judicial report - Mar 10, 2011
- Ishrat case: SIT submits status report to Gujarat HC - Apr 20, 2011
- Ishrat case: SIT submits progress report to Gujarat HC - Apr 05, 2011
- Supreme Court restrains SIT in Ishrat Jahan case (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Ishrat Jahan case: Top Gujarat official apologises to court - May 12, 2011
- Ishrat murdered by police: SIT - Nov 21, 2011
- Apex court restrains SIT in Ishrat Jahan case - May 03, 2011
- Ishrat Jahan case: Revision petition filed - Aug 20, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan killing: Court seeks names for probe panel - Sep 09, 2010
- Delhi Police officer to head probe team in Ishrat Jahan case (Lead) - Sep 24, 2010
- Ishrat Jahan case: 14 Gujarat cops now seek CBI probe - Apr 26, 2011
- Three policemen named in Ishrat Jahan case transferred - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: abhilasha, ahmedabad, amjad ali, chief minister, college girl, deputy superintendent, division bench, forensic science laboratory, gandhinagar, gujarat high court, investigation team, jayant patel, johar, kumari, lashkar e taiba, narendra modi, pillai, police shootout, probe team, zeeshan