‘Ishqiya 2′ will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets)January 5th, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Arshad Warsi, whose performance in “Ishqiya” won him critical acclaim, says the movie’s sequel is going to be a cult film.
“Spent New Year’s (eve) chatting with Vishal Bhardwaj and Abhishek Chaubey, looks like ISHQIYA 2 is gonna be a cult movie… different in every sense,” Arshad posted on his Twitter page.
He is set to play a rustic guy once again. In the first instalment of “Ishqiya”, which bagged four national awards, Arshad essayed Babban, a hot-blooded, lustful man, who scoffs at the idea of true romantic love.
The movie released in 2010, and also featured Vidya Balan and Naseeruddin Shah in key roles.
100 days to Rs.100 crore - SRK traces Bollywood’s number game!
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, whose mega-budget production “RA.One” has earned more than Rs.100 crore, recalls the time when 100 days in the theatre was victory enough for film producers.
“Was discussing with my DDLJ (’Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’) friend how we wished for a 100 days for our film… rather than Rs.100 crore. Seems our days are truly numbered now!!” tweeted Shah Rukh.
The actor’s last release “Don 2: The King Is Back” is also on its way to register earnings over the Rs.100 crore-mark.
After a relaxed holiday in Dubai with his family and friends, it seems Shah Rukh is now getting back into work mode.
“The excitement of working on a new script covers up the stress of daily chores. I think I was made to entertain… not be entertained,” he added.
Anupam has over half-million Twitterverse!
Anupam Kher’s universe on the Twitter world is expanding and how! The actor’s followers went over 500,000, and he is ecstatic.
“Crossing a milestone of half a million fans, friends and followers couldn’t have been possible without your warmth and support. THANK YOU,” Anupam posted on his Twitter page.
The veteran actor, who recently launched his book, ‘The Best Thing About You Is You’, is currently in Goa to shoot David Dhawan’s tentatively titled “Chashme Baddoor”, a remake of the 1981 film of the same name.
- Arshad Warsi finds sequels risky, but excited about 'Ishqiya 2' - May 26, 2011
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- Madhuri signs Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Apr 10, 2012
- Online hunt launched to find title for 'Chashme Buddoor' remake - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot postponed, to start in January 2013 - Aug 31, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit signs Anubhav Sinha's next movie - Apr 27, 2012
- My kids are also my competitors: Shah Rukh Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- Lara inspired by 'DDLJ' - Apr 06, 2011
- 'RA.One' third Indian film to cross Rs.100 crore mark - Oct 24, 2011
- Bollywood actor Vidya Balan promotes movie 'Ishqiya' in Mumbai - Jan 31, 2010
- Proud that a woman got Pakistan's first Oscar: Ali Zafar - Mar 05, 2012
- Watch 'Ishqiya' for its rustic appeal (IANS Preview) - Jan 25, 2010
- Nervousness before film release is greatest high: SRK - Dec 21, 2011
- SRK flattered by daughter's compliment (Movie Snippets) - Nov 07, 2011
- It's all about filmy politics: Maria - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: anupam kher, arshad warsi, bhardwaj, budget production, critical acclaim, cult film, cult movie, daily chores, dilwale dulhania, film producers, half a million, instalment, naseeruddin shah, national awards, number game, shah rukh khan, snippets, srk, veteran actor, vidya balan