Irritated by wailing, father kills baby girlFebruary 6th, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Murshidabad (West Bengal), Feb 6 (IANS) Enraged by the continuous bawling of his infant daughter, a man allegedly flung the two-month-old baby down a drain resulting in her death in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district, police said Monday.
“Mujibur Sheikh, a mason, was at his home and got irritated by the continuous crying of his baby. He asked the mother to calm the baby, but she failed. Enraged, he threw the baby into a drain which killed her instantly,” said Jagannath Das, officer of Ragunathgunj police station.
Sheikh, 32, has been arrested.
The baby, named Munnivara Khatoon, was the third girl child of Sheikh who was unhappy with another female child in the family. The incident happened around 7.30 p.m. Sunday.
- Child strangled for gold earrings in Bengal - May 16, 2012
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
- Mujibur's hostel room now a museum - Feb 24, 2011
- India's infant mortality worse than neighbours: Azad - Mar 20, 2012
- Baby allegedly dies after mother cleaned with acid - Nov 02, 2011
- Poverty forces Bengal mother to sell child for Rs.2000 - May 22, 2012
- Maoist wanted in twin murder case held in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- Illegal arms factory raided in Kolkata - Mar 31, 2012
- Woman dumps new-born girl from moving vehicle - Feb 09, 2012
- Father, son kiiled in West Bengal attack - May 24, 2011
- Bengal hooch tragedy prime suspect surrenders - Jan 16, 2012
- Maoist leader held in Bengal - Nov 17, 2010
- Bengal hospital says 12 crib deaths 'normal' - Oct 27, 2011
- Bengal baby's body exhumed to check acid death - Nov 03, 2011
- 4-day-old baby survives after complex surgery - Dec 13, 2011