Irregularities in BRO tendering for China border roadsAugust 2nd, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) The government has ordered investigation into alleged irregularities in allocation of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) tenders for Indian roads along the border with China, the Lok Sabha was informed Tuesday.
In a written reply to a question, Antony said the probe was being conducted with regard to the tender process and construction of roads in both Himachal Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh bordering China.
The BRO has been entrusted with construction of 61 roads totalling 3,394 km along the Sino-Indian border.
“Some irregularities in allocation of tender as well as in construction of roads were reported,” Antony said.
The chief technical examiner (CTE) of the Border Roads Development Board (BRDB) had carried out technical audit of certain roads constructed along the Sino-Indian border.
“A court of inquiry has been ordered to investigate the irregularities reported in the works in Himachal Pradesh. Further CTE of the central vigilance commission (CVC) has taken up investigation of the cases pertaining to roads in Arunachal Pradesh,” the minister said.
“Officers, against whom prima facie cases were found, have been removed from present assignments,” he added.
- India's border projects progressing unhindered: Antony - Nov 28, 2011
- Hire choppers, expedite roads along China border, BRO told - Jan 21, 2010
- India objects to China's Arunachal comments - Feb 27, 2012
- BRO told to speed up strategic roads - Nov 11, 2011
- Strategic bridge in Arunachal opened - Apr 10, 2012
- Roads along China border get top priority: Tripura chief minister - Jan 29, 2011
- India urged to expand border trade with China - Jul 27, 2012
- India protests China's Arunachal comments (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Probe on into BRO irregularities - Aug 10, 2011
- 'Arunachal is integral part of India' - Feb 26, 2012
- India protested Chinese troops damaging wall in Tawang: Antony - Dec 21, 2011
- No need for alarm over Chinese military: India - Nov 02, 2011
- Arunachal protests new iPhone4 maps' China tilt - Oct 03, 2010
- Amid Arunachal row, Chinese foreign minister heading to India - Feb 27, 2012
- India plans 558 roads along China, Pakistan border - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: antony, arunachal pradesh, aug 2, border roads, brdb, bro, central vigilance commission, china, cte, cvc, himachal pradesh, indian border, indian roads, irregularities, Lok Sabha, New Delhi, regard, reply, technical audit, tenders