Irked at illicit relationship, sons shoot mother-paramour deadJune 15th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 15 (IANS) A couple, in a live-in relationship, were shot dead early Friday when they were asleep in their house in the Para locality on the outskirts of the state capital, police said.
The 45-year-old deceased man has been identified as Jagdish and he had been living with his aunt Kamlesh as husband and wife for the last 15 years. Angry at this, the sons of the woman barged into their house after midnight and shot the duo in the head. Both died on the spot.
Both the assailants are blood brothers and while the younger one has been arrested by the police and the weapon used in the crime also seized, the elder brother is still at large. Police said the assailants - Kallu and Chander - scaled the boundary wall of the house and shot the two dead when they were sleeping in the courtyard.
The killing came to light when the neighbours noticed no activity in the couple’s house and forced open the door, only to find the two lying in a pool of blood. Residents of the Devpura village then called the police.
Chedi Lal, father of the deceased Jagdish told the police that his son had eloped with his aunt after which Kamlesh had deserted her husband Ganga Prasad and the two sons. The simmering anger in the sons came to the fore Friday resulting in the double murder.
- Afghan woman murdered in Delhi - Mar 04, 2012
- Man shot dead in south Delhi - Feb 05, 2011
- Couple elopes, girls' brother murders boy's parents (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Couple axed to death in Punjab - Jan 10, 2011
- Youth kills girl friend, commits suicide - Sep 11, 2012
- Man hires friends to kill sister - Jun 08, 2011
- Ex-IAF staffer shot dead, wife injured - Jan 19, 2012
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- Argentine radio host wounded in botched robbery - Mar 14, 2012
- Businessman shot dead in Assam's Kokrajhar - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: anger, assailants, blood brothers, boundary wall, capital police, courtyard, deceased man, double murder, elder brother, husband and wife, illicit relationship, jagdish, kamlesh, lal, locality, lucknow, neighbours, outskirts, pool of blood, prasad